Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any specials on Irish whiskies ?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Just got a bottle of bushmills and powers in Dunnes. While they are definitley cheaper than usual, I wonder if they haven't put up their prices before making the special, to make them look more attractive? For instance the powers regular price is listed as 25.99 on the receipt, but I can't remember buying a bottle for that price in a long time, surely its normally cheaper? Oh well, not that important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Got a bottle of Powers 12 year old yesterday, 7.50 or so off (30 quid). Its pretty good but very fiery, almost like a scotch? (been a while since i had scotch). needs a bigger drop of water than I'd usually take but otherwise nice. Redbreast 12 year old is on sale too but still dear (40).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Got an email off the Celtic Whiskey Shop a few days ago, good news, they have got some Redbreast 15 back into stock! Although the best whiskey I have, it's still far too expensive though imo. I think its €110, pity it was not a bit more affordable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 talisker

redbreast 12 or 15 or 99 or whatever. but the special on the specials of irish - has to be jameson. not the vintage or the vlc or the gold label or the uranium label. hell its going for 19.99 euros (i'd even through in the penny to make it a twenty) in obriens. and it is the finest whiskey in the emerald isles, no sorry the world!!!

pardon me.. what about the tyrconnell in the madeira cask from cooley. the greenore 15 again from cooley. bushmills back in black. writer's tears which strangely tasted of midleton. you can hem and haw about guinness but thank god this country has the finest whiskey east of the mississippi.

sorry mister pappy van winkle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

The Jameson Distillery (midleton) have reduced the price of the spirits in their shop.

Midleton is selling for €129, the same bottle in Tesco is €135 (€150 -10%)

Likewise on the regular whiskys etc.
    That shop was always a tad expensive, but they have permanently reduced everything, i didnt take note of all the prices, but i was comparing them to the tesco website on my phone, and there definitely was better value to be had at the distillery

• Advertisement
Advertisement