Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed.

Options
  • 23-08-2009 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

Hi. To start this off I'm not a very imaginative person. the longest story I ever wrote was two pages. But now I have this idea in my head which I would love to write. I feel though it could only make about 2 pages again. Does anybody have any advice or help for me? Anything is helpful to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

When I'm working on something long, I usually use the Snowflake Method for my first draft. Give it a look: http://www.advancedfictionwriting.com/art/snowflake.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

OK thanks alot. When I actually bother to do it I'll keep this very much in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

If it's short, just go ahead and write it. Then go back and fill in any gaps. Read it out loud, maybe to someone else, and you'll often hear things that need expanding or editing.

And don't worry, you have to start somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 think

I'd recommend a course or workshop that would take you from your idea to hitting print.. I've always found that having a deadline and short term goals really helps, specially if there are others in the group in the same boat!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Thanks Eileen I'll give that a go. Write it and see what happens after. And Think see I don't want to do a course because I hate writing but I just have this idea that I really want to fullfil but thanks alot anyways.

• Advertisement
Advertisement