Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish women are gone to pot!

• 23-08-2009 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

I was in town last night and never saw as many overweight rough looking, bad mannered women in my life!

Are these the same ones who moan about not getting a man?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Which town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

gone to pot? that's an odd phrase...
    What part of town were you though?

I wasn't out so thankfully I don't fall into the bracket of women you're talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

Galway city

Ah, what part of Galway City... was it near WestSide?

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

The Dail, front door ,buskers,quays and spanish arch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sure it's only Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

that's what we get for glorifying the cork rose of tralee.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

I could do with a pot woman,that is my kitchen could do with one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Oh great - yet ANOTHER thread generalising Irish women. Hooray!:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

kinetic wrote: »

No wonder, its the pubs your going too mate, try the Salt House for fit women, also Roisin Dubh and any bar in Dominic street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I was in town last night and never saw as many overweight rough looking, bad mannered women in my life!

I want to see a picture of you, so that we can judge you on your looks.

Actually, I want to see several pictures.
    I want to see a side profile, a full frontal (not nudity) and a close up of your face.

Make it happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Irish women are gone to pot!
    But will they cook anything at said pot?

I like the Roisin Dubh, The Cellar, Cuba at times, The Living Room, Kings Head... /Inn... (I always forget) then again it's been a long time since I was out down there.

Victor wrote: »
    But will they cook anything at said pot?

well depends on the size of the pot.. and it appears to be singular, so fairly limited to cooking in one pot really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Are you actively looking for middle aged skanks? Fit women avoid those places in case they catch the menopause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Isn't there enough of these threads? Go buy the papers and have a fried breakfast or something ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Terry wrote: »
    I want to see a picture of you, so that we can judge you on your looks.

Actually, I want to see several pictures.
    I want to see a side profile, a full frontal (not nudity) and a close up of your face.

Make it happen.

Comin on a bit strong there Terry, at least buy him a drink first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

I blame sex and the city TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

It's funny. I was out last night as well but I saw a load of Irish women of various sizes, of varying manner, some hot, some not.

Don't want to go OT so I'd better start a thread titled: "Irish women are a mixed bunch"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Bandit12 wrote: »
    I blame sex and the city TBH.

Why? If anything, shows like that and Desperate Housewives should lower mens standards with the mingers on show there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

So ya didn't pull, no?!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

There's a big part of this I don't get. Lets suspend logic for a moment and imagine you're right and the majority, say even 90% of irish women don't come up your standards. OK fine. So what? If you are capable of attracting the 10% that are up to your standards, what's the problem? Ahhhhh now I get it....

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Yes, yes we're all stuck up ugly mingers. Who'd be bothered with us?
    Run along op. Nothing more unattractive than a moany Irish bloke.
    Glad I discovered U.K. men ;)
    Twice the pretty and none of the bitching!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Irish girls are good craic, you can't beat your own...
    I can't stand the english, too mouthy and most other foreigners don't have the Irish sense of humor...

Although Irish girls have one letdown....
    Go to Roscommon and you will realise why all the menfolk are tampering with sheep...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

show us a pic a yerself OP:D I wanna see this Johnny depp specimen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Ah OP was out last night and not even the fat, ugly Irish women were interested, boo hoo. I guess you can order that mail order bride now, the thai ones are used to men with small genitalia so she won't laugh when she sees it. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

OP, it's Pride weekend, you in your drunken stooper thought the drag queens were women.

Gender recognition fail!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

There was me thinking it was a thread about how Irish wimmins found kinetic so unattractive they turned to drugs instead

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭rantyface

Most Irish people are fat. I think that's a fairly well established fact.

The women are more offensive because a lot of them don't seem to be aware of how repulsive they are, and still wear short skirts and low cut tops and lot of dirty make up.

The men cover up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

it's the pounds and pounds of orange tan and make up that look ridic IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

bronte wrote: »
    That cuts deep bronte. I'm running up to my bedroom to cry now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Can't beat the bit of flab in the Flutthers opinion.

Nice and swampy, get her well battered up, good froth on the gash and sure Bob's your uncle.Run an auld J-Cloth along the bell afterwards to shift the minge oil.

What's wrong with that.??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

rantyface wrote: »
    I can't agree with that. As per Irish girls, I find them gorgeous, lovely voice, fairly big bangers, nice personality, up for a laugh, good craic...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Trí wrote: »
    Oh great - yet ANOTHER thread generalising Irish women Town. Hooray!:rolleyes:

I feel your pain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

well i wasnt out in town last night so thats ok.

yeah your statement isnt a sweeping generalisation atall..no.... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

go to norway OP, every second woman there is a stunner, the airport staff in bergen airport were incredible looking girls (all of them), if heaven exists it will be filled with hot sexy norwegian women :p

even the mothers there pushing their prams are all slim and all look like models, in ireland first mother i saw with a pram in dublin was about 20 stone, dirty clothes, smoking and was shouting at her bad-behaved kids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

it's the pounds and pounds of orange tan and make up that look ridic IMO.

+ 100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Nah, it's not a fact - it's just a presumption.
    It's kinda like me saying "You just posted that to insult people". See the difference? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭stiff kitten

i know its frightening...just after opening a new thread in the fitness forum asking when my pot belly will go away! ha ha...err... il bring sexy back!...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

The women are more offensive because a lot of them don't seem to be aware of how repulsive they are, and still wear short skirts and low cut tops and lot of dirty make up.
    We've proven it here time after time that the fact they are in possession of breasts and a vagina makes them think they are irresistible to the opposite sex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Yeah I heard about them sort...
    All Brylcream, Designer Labels, Manicure's and as straight as a roundabout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

i was in the wright venue last night and it was full of stunning lookin women!!!!! like it was like modeling auditions!!!

We've proven it here time after time that the fact they are in possession of breasts and a vagina makes them think they are irresistible to the opposite sex.

Uh oh. Someone has writers fanny block.

i was in a nighclub in 'south county dublin' last week. Felt waaay too old to be there - and I'm not even that old :( anyway, I couldn't believe how amazing looking 18yr olds are these days, just.wow. the bodies, the legs, the hair, it made me want to get drunk :D Noone looked like that back in my day! I think girls are getting better looking. I wish I was an 18 year old in this era, god I'd make sure I was fabulous!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

Trí wrote: »
    Oh great - yet ANOTHER thread generalising Irish women. Hooray!:rolleyes:

If its makes you feel any better you could start a thread generalising Irish men,I'm sure that's NEVER been done before;)

milehip1 wrote: »
    If its makes you feel any better you could start a thread generalising Irish men,I'm sure that's NEVER been done before;)

Not by Trí, I assure you.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

Yeah I'm getting fairly sick of them myself. Was out in Dublin over the weekend and I swear about 5 horrible little hallions tried to plough through me as I was standing in a nightclub on Friday night. There was no "excuse me" or apology after they barged into me drunk out of their heads, probably on their way to puke in the jacks.

Then last night a few of us watched a couple of mates go up and talk to two women. We watched on from across the pub wondering where they were from (They could have been any nationality including Irish as their appearances were hard to place). The two women greeted our mates, smiled and began chatting comfortably. The rest of us looked at each other and we all said in unison "definitely not Irish". We subsequently found out they were from the Czech Republic.

I don't really care if people say it's a generalisation to complain about "Irish woman" as a whole. Yes it is a generalisation because generally they are ignorant as fcuk and any guys I know think exactly the same thing. I have a few female friends who thankfully haven't been corrupted by media induced Western standards and the whole dressed in a tacky frock and fake tan herd who dance around their handbags thinking they are Samantha from Sex and the ****ty are just an eyesore and an embarrassment. What's even more embarrassing is watching guys pander to this nonsense. I suppose they're worse because they keep these clowns in business. I jumped off this bandwagon a long time ago and now I'm happily shacked up with a German bird.

If I sound bitter and angry it's because I am. Our great nation is mutating into one big Hillsesque travesty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

If the "U.K." men are so "pretty" why are the women over there so into us Irish guys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Glad I discovered UK wimmins, and more importantly one stupid enough to marry me.

I mean, Irish women, come on, stop chewin your fingernails down to rugged stumps! Start using conditioner! Stop using greasy cheap-foundation like it's an undercoat!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement