Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

viva la revolution!!!!

• 23-08-2009 10:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

Ok heres the situation, your going to do a kinda 1916 type o revolution, beacuse you want to install you own govt for the people of course!
    You need to hold up in a building but where ?!

You have..........

a willing group to follow you.
    The weapons including ammo.
    2 weeks supply of food and water.

Now you need to consider the following factors!

Locatation
    Escape (if you want to)
    Type of building like routes of escape or strength of the building.

for myself im going with De La Salle secondary school.

Here are my factors...........

Old building strong walls, nice open areas to see any incoming Army approch. Great views of anyone who dares try an assault.
    If the army gets into the ground floor we can barricade the second floor and so on.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Here was me thinking this was yet another thread about Revolution bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Here was me thinking this was yet another thread about Revolution bar

lol me too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'd go into Geoffs cause at least i'll be happy seeing it burn to the ground :pac:.

Na, first of all random thread op but I like it. I'll go for red square, numerous positions facing all directions. See close quaters combat thats the way to go. when the **** hits the fan then you could maybe escape through the side streets or hold a heroic last stand the catherdral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭well butty

Maybe its as good as any place to start the Revolution!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Only one place to start a revolution

In a pub :D for all the obvious reasons,

Now which pub

Probably Downes
    Has a cellar extra protection :D:D

Ps One piece of tactical advice make sure all bottles are emptied to reduce the risk of fire.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭hudsonriver

Jurys !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Only one place to start a revolution

In a pub :D for all the obvious reasons,

Now which pub

Probably Downes
    Has a cellar extra protection :D:D

Also has an old firing range for practice, and some (dodgy) tunnels to escape if it goes tits up.

Tbh though, Reginalds tower - It's still standing after all these years, and nobody'd be willing to blow it up on you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

would def take the ard ri as its overlooking everything and could put a position on rice bridge and raise the bridge as the control room is on the opposite side to the city. make it a lot harder for the enemy if attacking from the city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

ok in the interest of science we will assume that the attacking army is coming from tramore. (lets be honest when this does happen it will be tramore attacking :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Shur just dig up the Tramore road.

They'll just complain about it for a few months and nothing will happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

me I would take the lap dancing bar in town....
    Booze and some hot scantily clad women...
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

ziedth wrote: »
    ok in the interest of science we will assume that the attacking army is coming from tramore. (lets be honest when this does happen it will be tramore attacking :))
    Fajitas! wrote: »
    Shur just dig up the Tramore road.

They'll just complain about it for a few months and nothing will happen.

So with the flooding and road closure we will be safe for about 10 months of the year , :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

well i,d mine tramore beach to put a bit of a delay in the advance and take out some of there infantry wit it and have heavy machine gun fire arcing from either end of the strand and battle tanks on the headlands to take out landing craft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I'd be taking the Mount Sion Centre. Lock the gates from both entrances. You'd be able to take pot shots from the trees and the back gardens of the surrounding houses. And if it came to escaping, there's no way any defense forces would know those fields and Hillview/Marian Park etc as well as I would! I'd be free and clear. :D

Advertisement