Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hey, where were Colm and Jim-Jim at the announcing of the new RTE schedule???

• 23-08-2009 11:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭

No Colm & Jim-Jim's Home Run this year????!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

The budget cuts must be affecting the supply of rashers.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Hey don't knock this show my Mrs won a few K on it last year, :)
    thats its only good point imho :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Cabaal wrote: »

The fact she was on it worries me the most Cabaal. Seriously, need to sort that **** out :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

They prove that anybody can have a show but only a few will not look like ****ing tools doing them.

I can't tell if I hate them more than Maeve Higgins but that will but difficult to beat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

The comments from Rte in the shows defence last year left me under the impression that despite the fact that anyone who saw the show absolutely despised it, the show had actually been so popular that the format was being sold to 50,000 worldwide tv networks for the sum of one hundred meeelion dollars apiece.

So, with the commissioning station not bothering its arse to buy a second season, we can safely say that it looks like all these lucrative deals have apparently fallen through.

Aww.

(or, god forbid, someone at Rte was telling porkies to justify the expense and waste of airtime in the face of hundreds of complaints.....)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Eek! :eek: Embarrassing!

(or, god forbid, someone at Rte was telling porkies to justify the expense and waste of airtime in the face of hundreds of complaints.....)

I thought at the time that the email I got from the commissioning editor sounded completely far-fetched but in my naievety I believed him.

Hmmmm. Not so sure now.

RTE wouldn't make bad choices and then tell me porkies to cover it up would they???!!! :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sully wrote: »
    The fact she was on it worries me the most Cabaal. Seriously, need to sort that **** out :p

lol, the show wasn't much good imho but in fairness we got a few K from it and they put us up for the night in a hotel so can't complain :)

The day itself when they filmed it was interesting enough, good to see what goes on in the background and met a good few interesting people so was worth the trip to Dublin,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

So, with the commissioning station not bothering its arse to buy a second season, we can safely say that it looks like all these lucrative deals have apparently fallen through.

Aww.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/homerun/

OMG it all sounds so crap........ No one would want to buy it....

"That said, we have had an high level of positive feedback on ‘Colm & Jim Jim’s Home Run’ and the audiences for the programme are quite substantial. Beyond that, we have had a level of interest expressed from other broadcasters who are interested in purchasing the format for the programme – and it has to be said that this would not be the norm for a domestically generated television format"

This is an excerpt of an email I got from RTE. Positive feedback my @rse!

• Advertisement

The day itself when they filmed it was interesting enough, good to see what goes on in the background and met a good few interesting people so was worth the trip to Dublin,

I was at a recording of this show. PAINFUL. My eyes and ears were bleeding by the time we escaped. They stopped letting people go out to the bathroom because they weren't coming back (clever!) and there were gaps in the audience.

And all we got was a free bottle of water as we were leaving :(

presenters.jpg

I miss them so much :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Sully wrote: »

grounds for a quick clean divorce id say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

amdublin wrote: »
    presenters.jpg

I miss them about 3 times a day, I think i need a more powerfull rifle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

amdublin wrote: »
    presenters.jpg

I especially miss Jim's (I refuse to acknowledge the second 'Jim') Miami Vice jackets...

Namlub wrote: »
    I especially miss Jim's (I refuse to acknowldge the second 'Jim') Miami Vice jackets...

"Miami Vice" he wishes......

More like a Ladies "M&S" jacket for the over 50's!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

In Fritzl's basement.

dmcg90 wrote: »
    In Fritzl's basement.

Ah yes Fritzl's Bargain Basement.

Great for bad shirts, ladies jackets & dorky glasses...........

Enii wrote: »

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Enii wrote: »

and the weekly special on rubbish irish (and I use the term loosely) ''comedians''.

• Advertisement

dmcg90 wrote: »
    and the weekly special on rubbish irish (and I use the term loosely) ''comedians''.

Yes, do be careful bandying that term around, someone might think they actually were funny ;)

Advertisement