Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Felt Z70

Options
  • 23-08-2009 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi, I'm looking to get back into cycling for fitness and commute... I had initially decided to go for a cyclocross bike ..... http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/category/bikes/mountain/product/tricross-comp-08-29161
    as i liked the idea of being agle to do some light off-road with fast hardtop....but there would appear to be a great shortage of bikes and just got an indication of 2010 model prices.... €350 more expensive... just for a different colour.
    So now im lookin at a road bike.. http://www.feltracing.com/09/product.aspx?pid=8925
    Just wondering if you have any experience of Felt bikes... this one in particular...
    The reason I picked the Felt is that I'm stuck with eurocycles and stagg cycles.... Id prefer to avoid Stagg if possible... as he is really milkin the bike-to-work scheme and has been invovlved in some very underhanded price fixing scams lately.
    Anyway.... at approx €1200 for the Z70... it seems like a pretty good deal
    Any advice and comments would really be appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭violator13

felt looks great. Go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Have a Z80(tiagra) and I love it. Got in Eurocycles of Long Milr Rd. Dealt with a guy called Emmet and he could not have been more helpful.Find the compact geometry very comfortable on long spins and feel much more secure on desending now.
    I would say go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Soccerchipie

Esroh wrote: »
    Have a Z80(tiagra) and I love it. Got in Eurocycles of Long Milr Rd. Dealt with a guy called Emmet and he could not have been more helpful.Find the compact geometry very comfortable on long spins and feel much more secure on desending now.
    I would say go for it

Got the Felt Z70... €1275 + keo road pedals from Eurocycles... feels like a bargain... comfortable, light, fast, good spec.... feels good to be back on the road!!!...glad i didn't get anything from rip-off Stag cycles in Lucan... staff in in eurocycles newbridge very helpfull (Tiago & Richie)

Advertisement