Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prayer calculation for Malays

• 23-08-2009 12:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

Assalamualakum, ramadan mubarak.

I wonder if I may ask advice on something, please.

We are a family of Muslims from Singapore, living in Ireland.

Regarding prayer time calculation, we understand that we are Shafi`i school of thought, and so follow the "Standard" juristic method (rather than the Hanafi juristic method).

My question is, what about the Calculation Method? I use the IslamicFinder tool, and there are 5 choices of Calculation Method:

* Umm Al-Qura University
    * Muslim World League
    * Egyptian General Authority of Survey
    * University Of Islamic Sciences, Karachi
    * Islamic Society Of North America

Which is correct for us? I'm thinking Egyptian General Authority of Survey?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭imported_guy

benifa wrote: »
    Assalamualakum, ramadan mubarak.

I wonder if I may ask advice on something, please.

We are a family of Muslims from Singapore, living in Ireland.

Regarding prayer time calculation, we understand that we are Shafi`i school of thought, and so follow the "Standard" juristic method (rather than the Hanafi juristic method).

My question is, what about the Calculation Method? I use the IslamicFinder tool, and there are 5 choices of Calculation Method:

* Umm Al-Qura University
    * Muslim World League
    * Egyptian General Authority of Survey
    * University Of Islamic Sciences, Karachi
    * Islamic Society Of North America

Which is correct for us? I'm thinking Egyptian General Authority of Survey?

sallam yeah as far as i know ireland follows egypt in terms of when ramdan starts, or when the eid is, karachi has been +2 days and KSA/USA have been +1 days for the past 2 years as far as i can remember, if you go to a mosque they hand out the timetables and anyway taravii starts a day before the first fast, so you'll know when ramdan starts, and the fajir/magrib times are all you need to know and thats the usuall time table

Advertisement