Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I want to go platinum blonde!!

• 23-08-2009 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I am now a dark shade of blonde as a result of using nice and easy 88. However, i would like to be platinum blonde (as light as possible!)..Any ideas on what products i can use to bleach my hair..I want to get a home kit as ive been to the salon severel times and they've never done what i want!! I have heard some recommenddations for jemome russell bleach powder..But im not sure about this..Also, is it possible to buy a bottle of hydrogen peroxide in a shop or chemist?? If so, is it neccessary to buy some kind of toner also. I really dont have a clue about this so id be really greatful for as much advice as possible. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I know I was recommended B-Blonde from Jerome Russell when i enquired about this a few years ago here, i got it in boots along with a small bottle of what I think was peroxide...altho I chickened out OP so can't advise on how it went!! Good luck, I would LOVE to try but a chicken!!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Monkey09

I know I was recommended B-Blonde from Jerome Russell when i enquired about this a few years ago here, i got it in boots along with a small bottle of what I think was peroxide...altho I chickened out OP so can't advise on how it went!! Good luck, I would LOVE to try but a chicken!!

Thanks Ladypennyworth!! Just a quick question, when you bought jerome russell, did the peroxide come with it or did you buy it seperately??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Separately as far as i remember..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I used this years ago and found it really good, but my hair wasn't dyed at all.

http://www.pointpharmacy.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=7039&cat=282&page=1

You might have to get it stripped.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

oooh i'd LOVE to have the nerve to do that... I have dark brown dyed hair.... would i be able to get it stripped? could i do it at home?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Show_me_Safety

oh no...go to a salon, DIY jobs never look good! My boyf friend tried doing his and it came out gingery yellow! Then he died it brown and you can still get glimpes of ginger in the sun! I'd love to go platinum but would never have the guts to do it myself! Best of luck if ya do! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭houndsoflove

The Jerome Russell for medium to dark brown hair comes with the peroxide.

Here is what i put my poor hair through.

Black for 10yrs.(coloured)
    Yellow and orange from incorrect use of bleaching.:eek:
    Chocolate Brown after going to a salon to fix it, turns out i didn't use the correct jerome russell kit,told i couldn't be blonde and to forget it.
    Used Jerome russell medium to dark brown hair and a paint box toner from salon supplies.

Finally i have my hair like lady ga ga but it's very dry so treating it at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

don't do this at home, please!
    so many things can go wrong.. you could end up with orange hair, yellow hair and/or severely damaged or broken hair. seriously. even salons are reluctant to do this colour, for a good reason.
    i wanted platinum hair for years. had a full head of highlights, but it just wasn't the same as an all-over platinum colour. the hairdresser i have gone to for years doesn't normally do bleaches, so i went somewhere that does.. well, my hair was white, but so badly damaged i had to get it cut really short, and even so in some areas it actually broke off at the roots.
    my own hairdresser was horrified, and does the colour for me now. my hair is still short, but at least now (almost a year later!) it's back to being strong and shiny and not the brittle mop of straw i ended up with.
    i dread to think what might have happened if i'd tried to do this at home, i probably would have ended up bald.
    so please.. find a good salon to do it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Monkey09 wrote: »
    Thanks Ladypennyworth!! Just a quick question, when you bought jerome russell, did the peroxide come with it or did you buy it seperately??

You can get it either way, in a box with one application or the cheaper way, a box of 4 sachets of peroxide and then buy the bottles of developer seperately.
    Since your hair is already light use the 20vol one and dont leave it on for too long, remember if it turns out too light you can just apply lightener again. Deep condition it like mad after you bleach it and then use a toner or a platinum dye to get rid of any yellowness

Advertisement