Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

33X terminus in Skerries

Options
  • 23-08-2009 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭

Where exactly is the terminus for the 33X in Skerries?
    Is it the stop near Gerry's or back up near the station?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

According to the timetable, it starts at Mourne View -however which part I'm not sure (i.e. entrance on Balbriggan Road/ Kelly's Bay entrance?). Also what route does it take into Skerries itself - i.e. the distributor road, or Balbriggan street?
    And finally, if it leaves from the garage at Skerries train station, will it pick up passengers there, before it's official start point?
    I think it might be busy tomorrow, until everyone finds out which option is the quickest. People will go for this one, as it it the only service presently which goes via the Port Tunnel, although it leaves very early.
    Anyone any idea of it's arrival time into town (prior to the viaduct failure)?

They key will be when Irish Rail/Dublin Bus publish the 'enhanced' 33 service later today. Going via Rush, Lusk etc. is fair enough, but if the new services have to go into Swords, Airside, Omni etc., and don't go via the Port Tunnel, you might as well sort yourself out a car pooling option.
    It is not just a case of throwing a few extra buses in - frequency and capacity will be the key at peak time.
    Amazingly, there is presently only one 33 bus between Skerries and town (without changes) between 6am and 9am. Excluding the Expresso service.

Advertisement