Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three 3G Coverage Sligo Town

Options
  • 23-08-2009 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having problems with Three's 3G coverage in Sligo town.

Not working this morning, and also down a couple of days ago?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm with 3 for my phone and I have no net access on it. Their network must be down at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Still not working. Must ring them later when I get a strong coffee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

dingding wrote: »
    Still not working. Must ring them later when I get a strong coffee :)

when you ring them, give them your number, tell them your credit is about to go and they will ring you back, it will save you spending money on something that is their fault.

They rang me back when I had a problem with mine, even though I didn't ask them too. It always makes me feel good about a service when they are prepared to call you back straight away, even though there is a problem!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Mine was down for an evening a couple of days ago, it didn't come back till the following morning. It's the first problem I've had with it in the year or so that I've had it.

Rang 3, after about 6 minutes on hold, I got through.
    The operator confirmed that there was a network issue in Sligo, he could not give me an expected fix time but he would get a technician to give me a bell within 24 hours to update.

I will post here if I find any more.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Saying I never had problems before... I always have it hanging out a window. A 2 or 3 metre usb cable does the job. Not exactly wireless, but it works.

I used to have a great signal, but it is very intermittant, as if I am on the edge of a different Cell to my normal one.

Hpe it did not get wet with taal the rain TMB :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You guys need to get a usb modem router. It's a router that uses your usb modem for an internet connection and sends it out over wifi.

Engineer rang me this evening to say that it should be fixed by lunchtime tomorrow.

I'm getting a HSDPA signal on my phone right now.

• Advertisement

Mine is back as well know.

Thanks AC

Mine came back earlier on today when I was at work. Forgot to post about it when I got home though.

Advertisement