Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Westnet customers having trouble with connection?

• 23-08-2009 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

Last night, it started getting slow - down to 0.2mb according to speedtest.net. Then it went away and hasn't come back since.
    Anyone having similiar trouble, or is it just me?
    (I'm at the home-place, using Eircom right now)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

No problems here, sometimes they have to reboot the transmitter in your locality.

• Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep Westnet: Paul

Last night, it started getting slow - down to 0.2mb according to speedtest.net. Then it went away and hasn't come back since.
    Anyone having similiar trouble, or is it just me?
    (I'm at the home-place, using Eircom right now)
    Hi - can you PM me with your details (real name, customer number if you have it handy) and I'll check it out for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Huge number ( approx 2500 competitors and others ) in Westport area over weekend. Perhaps a high proportion using laptops etc after event.

Nope, nothing to do with that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Reciever was misaligned! Immediate result, ye don't pay Dave enough!!

547476180.png

Thanks for the prompt fix!

• Advertisement

Reciever was misaligned! Immediate result, ye don't pay Dave enough!!
    I hope you didn't say that to him! :eek: ;)
    Thanks for the prompt fix!
    Glad we could help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 robertkiler

will westnet support sky tv overt broadband?? does anyone knows? THX

will westnet support sky tv overt broadband?? does anyone knows? THX
    What do you mean by "sky tv over broadband"? Sky TV is delivered by satellite.

Sky is going to be delivered over Xbox Live - not sure when or exact details, you'll get a better answer in the Xbox forum

it'll start this autumn, you'll need 2 meg connection. So i was wondering will the westnet support it 'cause it's paid service and wouldn't like to be switched off becuse of excessive usage of my connection. thanks

• Advertisement

it'll start this autumn, you'll need 2 meg connection. So i was wondering will the westnet support it 'cause it's paid service and wouldn't like to be switched off becuse of excessive usage of my connection. thanks
    I have no idea how it works. I still reckon that satellite is a much saner broadcast medium than broadband, in the same way that fixed wireless is a much saner broadband medium than satellite.

Can you point me to somewhere on the Sky website where this product is described? I'd like to know how it's supposed to work from a technical perspective.

chceck xbox.com site, just choose international and ireland site, plus type sky on xbox in google.
    Cheers

Still no idea how it's supposed to work technically, but we'll adopt a wait-and-see approach. I don't see it being too big a problem.

well the sky is up and running on xbox. So what's the story with westnet supporting this feature on network???:confused:

Tried it out there - it was lagging in high and medium quality (didn't try low quality) but I had 2 laptops feeding off the wireless as well. I'll try it again tomorrow without the excessive drain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 A.B.Newport

Ok, since this thread is older than mine and had Paul participate in it, I will post here.

We had a problem as discribed in the thread:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63263728#post63263728

Then, I did call and after that the same evening it worked fine for two days. Now since yesterday back to the same old problem. Only this time it's worse. We have a ping of almost 700. Applications, no matter what are not usable. Loading google takes 5 timed out attempts before it finally loads within the time it takes to make a cup of coffee and drink it half. The game our kids and my wife like to play...doesn't even log into it as the connection with the server tiems out during login. My online part of work is also not functioning which causes severe issues, a bad thing in these days. Whatever it was that was done to make our connection work for those two days between my last phonecall and yesterday, could it be done with a longterm effect perhaps?

5104721.png

It isn't an alignment issue of the receiver as it worked fine for two days after I rang, without a technician stopping by.

Paul have any ideas maybe? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Looking into this, leave it with me.

Great, thanks so much!

We've upgraded one of the routers and done some re-routing and re-structuring. Hopefully you'll see a substantial improvement in your connection from now on.

It sure has been running great last night! Thanks so much for your help! It has been running like a charm. Thanks again and Happy Christmas!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Any probelsm with your commercial backhaul links tonight?
    Having major problems on Atlantek via 229-97-cust.westnet.ie

Advertisement