Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gaelic Showdown

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

I'm also significantly outmatched. 1st in div4 versus 2nd in div3. Team is a full season older. Major difference in average csr. My plan is to roll over and pretend to be dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

My plan is to roll over and pretend to be dead.

Good idea:D

I propose a new "Like a Bunch of Sissies" intensity level.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Im also preparing to get steam rolled. No point in even trying to attempt to win this one. WNWIM all the way man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Yeah I am up against a monster team too but I will be giving it a LTNT.

LTNT % is reset at the end of the season so all will be back to 100% starting season 7. Nothing to lose except some CSR points.

I am hoping that my opposition will LTNT his semi's and final so he will only be on 60% LTNT for our encounter. It would be nice if he won his final too as this means he will have a playoff game after our match and will need to save his team some energy and LTNT%. I should be at 100%, and I really hope that this will make a difference and level the playing field a bit.

It's my only chance, me 100% LTNT - him WNWIM and energy fooked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Like most on here seem to be I'm div 4 team up against a much better div 3 team. Their best player is about three times better than mine and not one of my players would make it into their top 22 Hopefully they'll be cocky and go wnwim against my 80% LTNT

Yikes. My opponent just won his div III final by 30 points.

The only good news is that he will have a qualifier to worry about next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

I am more worried about this match than any other i have ever played! I know i wont win but at the same time i want to make a match of it and keep it as close as i can!

Anyone any suggestions as to how i should go about this? looks like it is to be wet so logic says kick and use the linout as the basis for territory. But the problem is their jumpers measure in at 207 and 208cm so id be kinda screwed there! Keep the ball and pick and go??

JohnButler wrote: »
    Anyone any suggestions as to how i should go about this? looks like it is to be wet so logic says kick and use the linout as the basis for territory. But the problem is their jumpers measure in at 207 and 208cm so id be kinda screwed there! Keep the ball and pick and go??
    I plan to kick the leather off the ball. I figure that with my inferior handling and technique, I might as well give them the ball on my terms and hope they make the mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Team picked - Check
    Tactics hopefully tweaked to win - Check
    Sit back and wait for the match to end - check!!

Good luck all in the Gaelic Showdown, Let's tear'em a new one!:D

• Advertisement

Just logged on. 8-0 up after 10 mins. Come on!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Eireannach

up 7-0 after 16 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

I'm 14-3 down and it doesn't look like it's gonna get any better :(

I'm up 10-5 after half an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Im winning?!?! WTF

After receiving 4 penalties on the trot on the 5m line (the engine needs cards!) my boys have settled for 3 points. looks like 16-0 up at half time. My opponent is clearly playing with wednesday in mind:D.

Maintaining a 7-0 lead at the half.

yeah, i am up 10-5 at half time, it's areally tough game tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

losing 12-6 at half time but looks promising!

10-18 up at half time - bring it on!

• Advertisement

Sweet !! I've scored a penalty and a converted try early in the second half.

20-5 to me !!!

TRY! 25-10 ... dare I begin to hope!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

I'm winning 13-3 so far, but they are knocking seven shades out of me at the moment. 2 players gone off injured so far!

As expected am 26-11 down with 10 mins to go. They playing a very physcial brand of rugby.... typical Welsh lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Bit of sly tactics going on here???!

MacLeod is still on the ground after that mid-air collision, it doesn't look too good either. Was MacLeod taken high there? I didn't see anything but he is feeling around his mouth a bit gingerly! Brownbill is going to take his place as MacLeod is leaving the field... wait a moment, did MacLeod just wink to Bernard sideline as he was coming off??!

Killarney RFC is proud to announce a 14-5 victory in the Gaelic Showdown :D

Full time, 36-0 win. I suspect it would have been the other way round but for the qualifiers on wednesday, but I'll take it!

Well done guys... I have the unenviable position of annoucing the first boardsie loss.... went down 33-11.

YES!! won 32-22, conceded two tries at the end to make the score a bit closer. infact conceded off the restart of the try! :eek: think the 80% TNT going in and this been my teams 3rd match in 4 days started to show.

but a wins a win!

Boardsies seem to be doing well so far, good work all!:D

• Advertisement

32 - 5 to me.

Very easy in the end.

Advertisement