Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I need a hangover cure!!!

• 23-08-2009 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭

I'm ridiculously hungover. So bad that i refused to even attempt to go to work today. I've been looking for cures on the net. Milk, burnt toast etc.

I need some recommendations from people on a cure that actually worked for them.

Pleez:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Don't drink if you've work the next day usually works for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Get sick then sleep and orange juice or water.

nothing can really help you though

Have 3 or 4 pints and it will sort you out it really is the only way to feel better when you are very hungover.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Lucozade and runny eggs. What were you drinking? The inputs may help us solve this equation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Orange juice, very cold! Really rubbish crisps, like chickatees and french fries and 2 nurofen plus, loads of water sofa all day and big dirty chinese tonight!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Ah jaysus, just take a few panadol and stop moaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

A resolve, a bag of salt & vinegar crisps & some flat fizzy juice of your choice. Then go back to bed for a couple of hrs. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I don't get hangovers.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

A few panadol, an orgasam and a snooze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

the clear Lucozade Sport stuff, couple of panadol and some TV to take your mind off it works for me. And try not to move at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

galwayrush wrote: »
    I don't get hangovers.:)

You make me sick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

karlog wrote: »
    You make me sick
    No that's the hangover

You make me sick

:D:D:D
    There's probably something wrong with me.;)
    Simple rules, always eat before or during a drinking session and drink water before you go to bed, and a can of red bull and 2-3 bars of chocolate in the morning will help.;)

I feel your pain, I had the worst one ever on Thursday, big night out Wedensday and had to make it to work Thursday! Was not good! I always think Ile be fine the next day even right up to 2am in the pub drinking shots Ha ha !!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Joeyjoejo

Crisps, bit of chocolate, loads of water and some coke (the non snorting kind..or maybe that could work too!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

boroca kicks in after about 40 mins, rehydrates the whole system,

or cold shower or ice bath

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

slush puppy or mr freeze, always works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭sells

go to the beach if you can, salty air cures it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Hamiltonion

NO orange juice, its acidic, last thing you need. Main thing is to make yourself sick, then some lucozade/powerade, anything with electrolytes. Bout 4 neurofeun plus and plenty of water throughout the day. Just chill in front of the tv and when you can bear to eat, protein, lots and lots of protein. If your stomach is still at you an hour after throwing up take a rennies

sells wrote: »
    go to the beach if you can, salty air cures it...

or just sniff tayto

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭104494431

Apple cider vinegar, put a tablespoon in a glass of water and drink it in one go.

Just do it, it works.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

104494431 wrote: »
    Apple cider vinegar, put a tablespoon in a glass of water and drink it in one go.

Just do it, it works.

You forgot the spoonful of bicarbonate of soda.

:D:D:D
    There's probably something wrong with me.;)
    Simple rules, always eat before or during a drinking session and drink water before you go to bed, and a can of red bull and 2-3 bars of chocolate in the morning will help.;)

Sounds like a good idea to minimise the hangover the next day. Problem with me is i never think ahead and always think things will turn out fine:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Drink a load of water and eat a few bananas. The humble banana is one of the best sources of potassium and the sugars required to get your body back to normal.

OJ works for me Hamilton :p .. different strokes and all that!!!

Ice cold Diet Coke too....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Drink a pint of salty water, always works for me. About 2 tablespoons of salt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Cut off your own head and stuff it with peppers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 curlysues89

I'm ridiculously hungover. So bad that i refused to even attempt to go to work today. I've been looking for cures on the net. Milk, burnt toast etc.

I need some recommendations from people on a cure that actually worked for them.

i swear by lucozade sport.i mean it.down two paracetamol with it and youll be flying in an hour again...creator:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

lucozade and a banana.. something about sugar and potassium explains the science bit but it always works !!

there was another thing i was given in work one day.. sorted my tummy right out! milk and bread soda!! its genius! i was in flying form after it, and i was in a terrible state bout 20mins beforehand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Rehydration is the best way.

Before I go to bed after drinking I always empty my bladder and then have a full pint glass of water.

Another pint of water when you wake up first (not when you get up hours later) and you'll be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

What's with these all day long hangover cures? What to eat for dinner should not be affected by how hungover you were when you got up.

Food on the way home, water before bed, water when you get up. Easy.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Cut off your own head and stuff it with peppers.

some garlic to keep the vampires away and some extra virgin olive oil,

for more advice on this you can contact worsel gummidge on 08567854325

What's with these all day long hangover cures? What to eat for dinner should not be affected by how hungover you were when you got up.

Food on the way home, water before bed, water when you get up. Easy.

That might not work with too much of The Perfect Drug
    Absinthe..........:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

TheZohan wrote: »
    Drink a pint of salty water, always works for me. About 2 tablespoons of salt.
    EW! That's disgusting!

Try Dioralyte (comes in nice flavours) and a second sleep. You'll be brand new after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭clinchy

mc donalds plus powerade and dvds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

That might not work with too much of The Perfect Drug
    Absinthe..........:D

Depends on the Circumstances ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

Suffer through it! That will learn ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭g-whizz

I had four apples one morning and 2 litres of water... did me the world of good.
    try a fruit smoothie with all those vitamins and crap. loads of salt and maybe two alka seltzer!

or the best thing... go one the lash again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Elessar

Two alka seltzer BEFORE you go to bed. Had some last night and I'm grand this morning. Just tired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Have a shower.....no matter how much you think you can't, it will make you feel better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

I've just found the answer this minute.

A freezing cold bottle of ballygowan and a raisin and biscuit yorkie.

I can't put into words the pleasure, happiness and relief I am feeling right now.:)

This post has been deleted.

Better than before, i made myself sick and that helped (somewhat). Got some lucozade and salt and vinegar tayto's aswell. Worked great:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

milk always works for me so does some macdonalds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭sul02

The real hangover cure is the preparation before you go to sleep...big dirty burger and chips on the way home followed by a pint of water.

If you still feel like **** the next day Id recommend going to your local pool for a dip followed by a serious session in the sauna & steam room while supping on a big bottle of water.

Eat small and often, a big feed will just lay you out for the count.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭powerzjim

bacon sandwich and water

Advertisement