Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scholarship help please!

Options
  • 23-08-2009 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hey guys, I've a place at UCD to study DN005 Vet Med this year...yay me...anyway, I'm from the North and got 600 points in my A-levels. I was reading about scholarships there and for some reason I can't get the Entrance Scholarship because I'm doing vet med and im from the north?!? What's that all about? Also does this mean I cant get the High Achiever award thing?

One final thing, what are the awards?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

acm wrote: »
    Hey guys, I've a place at UCD to study DN005 Vet Med this year...yay me...anyway, I'm from the North and got 600 points in my A-levels. I was reading about scholarships there and for some reason I can't get the Entrance Scholarship because I'm doing vet med and im from the north?!? What's that all about? Also does this mean I cant get the High Achiever award thing?

One final thing, what are the awards?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer

I think it's because you got 600 points but you're doing a course that requires hight points anyway, this document might answer your question better.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 acm

Thanks for the input :D

I would accept that if the same applied for all vet students but it doesn't; only northern irish ones. Irish vet students can still get the scholarship. This just doesn't seem right to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭TirNaNog.

Thanks for the input :D

I would accept that if the same applied for all vet students but it doesn't; only northern irish ones. Irish vet students can still get the scholarship. This just doesn't seem right to me.
    But you are Irish

lets not get into politics here.... ok put it this way: A-level vet med student dont get the scholarship but leaving-cert vet med students can. Most other A-level students can get it but theres a few subjects they dont give it to for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭TirNaNog.

lets not get into politics here.... ok put it this way: A-level vet med student dont get the scholarship but leaving-cert vet med students can. Most other A-level students can get it but theres a few subjects they dont give it to for some reason.

ah Discrimination
    :(

• Advertisement

Thats what I thought....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

TirNaNog. wrote: »
    ah Discrimination
    :(

Discrimination, it's a pity the whole world isn't like this:

Advertisement