Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SCAR TAN Problems Help please

Options
  • 23-08-2009 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    The last time i went to hrta my gun seemed to be acting up and when i took it apart a liitle ring fell out of the gear box area, i brought the ring to eirsoft and they told me it would be fine as it is just a liitle reinforcer thing that a gun has like 6 of ( not saying it was bad service excellent service as always;) just a bit of history so it might help with solution), since then my gun fires 2 bb's at a time when on semi, and the gun sounds really odd, anyone that has or heard a scar you will know that it sounds intimidating, it sounds really odd, like it is muffled or something. i have 2 batteries and the dboys one fromt he gun doesnt work and other one makes it sound weird. O yeah and the mid cap mags don't feed:(.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

What battery are you using? 9.6 volt batteries can cause two shots to go off at once in some guns, although it could also be a broken air nozzle. The mid caps probably need some oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭hairyman

Does it double feed when the hop is brought all the way down.

Also,,as Mr Leftyflip has said,have you looked up through the magwell to see if the air nozzle is cycling back and forth,,,has it any chips gone out of it,,if its not cycling then the tappet plate could be broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

both are 8.4 volts 1100MaH. i have oiled the mags over agin but nothing and even pushing them forward, might get more silicon oil and try gain with mags....
    but how can the air nozzle just break??? and would that cause the funny noise. would that decrease the FPS?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

have you tried cleaning out the barrel? also make sure the hopup isnt on at all while doing so. it sounds like the bbs are blocking up the barrel and by the time the next one comes through it pushes out the first, giving you 2 shots.
    most likely hopup. :)

okay i looked down the mag well and i did notice that the nozzle was moving back and forward like it should but every now and again it cycled twice in one go so that is the 2 bbs problems but i cant find out what the noise is it sounds bad, i liked the sound of my gun cus when my team mates wuld fire together it wuld sound cool but my gun always came above the noise of all their guns put together:D
    I'm tryin to get picture of oil i'm using now, well i haven't used it yet as it looks a bit dodgy so i will try again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Phractal

My opinion on the mattter is that the gearbox timing is off. This can cause the piston to 'fire' when the air nozzle is not in position, then a double feed occurs and then BANG it fires two at once. Or maybe the timing is so off its firing twice and feeding only once.

And i would fix that how?:confused:

I fix that by repeatedly taking the ****ing gearbox apart and putting it back together until it works. So far I have not found a reliable, easy alternative :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

Phractal wrote: »
    I fix that by repeatedly taking the ****ing gearbox apart and putting it back together until it works. So far I have not found a reliable, easy alternative :(

When your gb is apart, check to make sure the cam on your sector gear is around the 1 oclock position, just before it hits the tappet. :cool:

lperrozzi: Thinks for the advice, I normally was going by the ideal of takin it apart, putting it back together the way it looks right and works :P Not too scientific eh?

• Advertisement

great so i have to take the gear box apart i couldn't do that if my life depended on it, the instructions manula is useless, it says to pry it out but i'm afraid of breaking the outer gear box casing:( i love airsoft but they should really do something with this reliability issue:)
    Just a quick question what it a cam?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Phractal wrote: »

You claim to operate a business that fixes AEG's, yet you don't know how to set the timing on a gearbox?

he didnt say he runs a business did he?:confused: he says he takes em apart a lot to try and fix it, which im guessing are his own AEG's, or maybe i'm wrong:confused:

T4RGET wrote: »
    great so i have to take the gear box apart i couldn't do that if my life depended on it, the instructions manula is useless, it says to pry it out but i'm afraid of breaking the outer gear box casing:( i love airsoft but they should really do something with this reliability issue:)
    Just a quick question what it a cam?

The little raised part on youre sector gear, pulls the tappet plate back.

Sorry man, but if youre not sure on how to crack it open without damaging it stop, you risk doing serious damage. Bring it to your local airsoft retailer and they'll do it for you!

so I wouldn't take it apart further than i know, but i'm just trying to find out all the parts in an AEG whiel i'm at it as i want to know how these things work, so that why all the questions, there are far too many pieces to remember.:( i will probably bring it to a retailer or something, it seems to be okay just the piston moves twice when i fire once when i look down the drum well, suppose i could try some silicon:p

No bother man, just have seen too many AEGs destroyed by people fiddling with them :P

Use google, go to mechbox.com have a look around, its great to start out with :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Bring it to Eirsoft = working Gun

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

there are airsoftshops that do repairs in newbridge and crookstown also.

lperrozzi wrote: »
    No bother man, just have seen too many AEGs destroyed by people fiddling with them :P

Use google, go to mechbox.com have a look around, its great to start out with :D
    Thanks will definitely try that website 'cause my 2 bb's on semi is starting to annoy me, i got this oil called GT7 but not sure i should use it, i know the pston moves twice because i can see it, but it think it might just be that the motor is out of sync with the rest of the mechanics:(.
    +1 to you Dr Pepper, eirsoft is really good, and friendly which is main. well good service too but you know:p

damn it!!!:mad: i was taking out the motor( know how to do it, did it before and fixed it up again ) but i screw went into the gearbox so i had no choice to take it apart, anyways found the screw and managed to get the gears back in place, but the anti reversal latch and another pice flew off, i put the latch back in but i am left with a V shaped spring. any idea where it came from, sorry:( but this probably hurts me more than it hurts you ,:mad:I might see if eirsoft will do something for me but i want to see if anyone here can help me, ever since the day at HRTA my gun as been dwn hill :mad:
    note: the " V shaped spring isn't a spring as such more like a piece of wire bent into a V with a circle on bottom, so it was bent into a circle than stretch out at ends.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

that sounds like the anti reversal latch spring, i wouldnt fire the gun without it if i were you.,

+1 on it being the anti-reversal latch spring. Not to hard to put back in tbh, just fiddly closing the mb up without them jiggling about if its your first time!

Persistence man, it will pay off :)

:D yeah i think it is the anti reversal spring, it fits nicely underneath the anti reversal latch, so that is where i put it, i really didn't want to take the gear box apart, i need the AEG for today:(

http://tb2u7q.blu.livefilestore.com/y1p8Uowno-pmL-y1F6j__HzeUILaplijGcTSU9Gq_0YnX4iCNQNK74-PwgzSYJ2SanTJ82TqYGb24S-6u6MOC3zo67y-g2qH-aR/BILD0009.JPG

Well i think i found why it it making weird noises and shooting twice, the anti reversal latch spring is broke:( i think, it should have a litle piece coming out of it to fit over the AR latch shouldn't it? :confused:

Can't be definite man without a better pic but it does look like the spring is broken, there should be a lip on it to catch the AR latch.

You'll probably need to grab a new one somewhere!

Advertisement