Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Web page wont show updated page?

• 23-08-2009 3:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭

This is a wierd one. My brother uses a football site that recently changed servers and the page hasnt updated for him on his computer since friday where as when I go on the site its updated normally.

I told him clear his history/cache etc in internet properties but its still not updating for him. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Im stumped.:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

joe123 wrote: »
    This is a wierd one. My brother uses a football site that recently changed servers and the page hasnt updated for him on his computer since friday where as when I go on the site its updated normally.

I told him clear his history/cache etc in internet properties but its still not updating for him. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Im stumped.:confused:

Does changed servers mean changed IP as well? Has the DNS changed propogated properly? Get him to try ipconfig /flushdns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Spear wrote: »
    Does changed servers mean changed IP as well? Has the DNS changed propogated properly? Get him to try ipconfig /flushdns.

Not to sure what you mean? Btw its not his website its just a website we both use but none of the new news etc on the website is showing for him since friday.

Whats ipconfig/flushdns?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Not to sure what you mean? Btw its not his website its just a website we both use but none of the new news etc on the website is showing for him since friday.

Whats ipconfig/flushdns?

Run it in a command prompt to flush the local DNS cache.

Spear wrote: »
    Run it in a command prompt to flush the local DNS cache.

is that the same command prompt you use to ping websites? what do you type is it just ipconfig/flushdns ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Maboza

is that the same command prompt you use to ping websites? what do you type is it just ipconfig/flushdns ?

Nope it's ipconfig /flushdns

• Advertisement

tried it on my laptop there but when i open up ipconfig it flashes up for a second then closes?

Advertisement