Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trousers/Jeans for not so tall men!

• 23-08-2009 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

I'm not the tallest or biggest fella in the world, size 30/28, and I've noticed in the past year its impossible to get my size in outdoor trousers or jeans. So many of the common shops just aren't stocking my size. Is it a case that with the recession now on, shops don't want to buy sizes that are slightly out of the norm? Its a joke! I have 100 in my pocket and I cant get a pair of jeans to fit me properly without alterations. I can't even get a pair of North Face or Berghaus hiking pants anywhere to fit because nobody stocks short leg pants. Its a money saving conspiracy against short people by the shops!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Wonderweb is the answer to most of your trouser issues. It will work for jeans too but to be honest just turning your jeans up for that rockabilly look is the way to go.
    Outdoor stuff is seldom well tailored in all honesty. I have a similar issue with my Berghaus for being too short! Luckly I can just zip'em off and the knees and wear 'em as shorts.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Zxyton

Hello from a fellow not so tall man :D
    I had the same problem for a long time. Topman and Burton generally have trousers in smaller sizes. Marks and Spencer are also quite good because many of them will have a teen section. If anybody knows any other good sources please let us know :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

My OH has a 28 or 30 leg and he gets his jeans in Pepe Jeans and other trousers in M&S mostly. That or we have to take them up (usually with the above mentioned Wonderweb!). He occasionally finds shorter lengths in other stores but it's hard!

Pepe don't do skinny leg jeans so if thats what your looking for I think Topman is your best bet!

Advertisement