Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshers ball

Options
  • 23-08-2009 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, a friend told me tickets for the freshers ball are available online, anyone know from where?

Oh yeah and I am safe in assuming its non formal right?

And is it a UCD only event?

For anyone who doesn't know.

Freshers ball is on the 7th in the Academy on Abbey Street. (Left off lower O Connel)
    Tinchy Stryder are playing
    Its €15 in
    Tickets are on sale tomorrow (the 24th)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Tickets are available from the 24th on: http://www.ucdball.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

do they sell out fast?

It sold out during freshers week last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

when does freshers week start? is that from the 7th on?

Ok just checked the date for the freshers ball seems to be earlier this year. Yes buy it before the 7th!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

In three years at ucd, I've never bothered going to the freshers, albeit any ball for that matter. Is it worth it? Also, what's a "Tinchy Stryder"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tinchy+stryder&search_type=&aq=0s&oq=tincy+

Generic flavour of the moment British RnB type. I'm sure it'll be good craic even with him playing though, doesnt really matter who the artist is at the freshers ball really. They'd probably have been better off spending whatever fee they paid him on decorations or promotions or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Getting Tinchy Stryder is pretty damn good. Well done Ents.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Is it a black tie event? And can you bring friends from rivalling colleges?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

El Siglo wrote: »
    In three years at ucd, I've never bothered going to the freshers, albeit any ball for that matter. Is it worth it? Also, what's a "Tinchy Stryder"?

Seriously? You haven't been to any ball?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

Is it a black tie event? And can you bring friends from rivalling colleges?

Nope it's in the Academy.. Just like a regular club night but bigger.. and yes, as long as you get them a ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

IIRC it actually sold out during Orientation Week last year so if you want to go get your ticket early. It's sold out comfortably the last couple of years so if you change your mind it wouldn't be too hard to find someone to sell it onto.

Jev/N wrote: »
    Seriously? You haven't been to any ball?

Nope!:D
    Because they're shit, I want absolutely nothing to do with the UCDSU, including and not limited to all social functions. This 'ball' is nothing more than an overpriced piss-up, and also because at the back of it I'm a snob and I don't exactly care to mix with the riff raff!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

In a city were a typical "pre-debs" will cost you 30-40 euro, I think 15 is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

El Siglo wrote: »
    Nope!:D
    Because they're shit, I want absolutely nothing to do with the UCDSU, including and not limited to all social functions. This 'ball' is nothing more than an overpriced piss-up, and also because at the back of it I'm a snob and I don't exactly care to mix with the riff raff!;)

I meant have you been to any ball, faculty or society?

I would have to say that aside from your great advice in the other thread, I wouldn't advise missing the balls to freshers.

Two of the best SU balls I was at were the freshers (last one on campus) and UCD balls in 05/06, I assume the year before you started IIRC?

Also, how can you say the balls are **** if you haven't been to one?

Jev/N wrote: »
    Also, how can you say the balls are **** if you haven't been to one?

Cos I'm a bollocks?:D
    No, I never bothered to be quite honest, I was always busy and I like to do my drinking with decorum.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Hmm. Just went to buy tickets from ucdball.ie,wherever i click on the page i'm just getting the option to email MikePat...

Are you suppossed to buy them elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

Hmm. Just went to buy tickets from ucdball.ie,wherever i click on the page i'm just getting the option to email MikePat...

Are you suppossed to buy them elsewhere?

What he said....

Also, when are tickets for deadmau5 on sale?

Keep trying the website. If all fails they will be available orientation week in the SU shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Just looked up Tinchy Stryder, about that whole going to it thing.............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Fad wrote: »
    Just looked up Tinchy Stryder, about that whole going to it thing.............

+1, me thinks it will be just background noise... Lets hope so.

Btw I appreciate what Ents did, its just not my kind of music.

Advertisement