Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giant lego chess set?

• 23-08-2009 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi all

I've got a friend's wedding coming up, the fiance is a big fan of lego, and they also like to play chess every so often.

I know its pretty expensive on ebay ~270 euros or thereabouts so i'd like to hear any opinions etc before i make up my mind on getting it for them! Would it be too fiddly to play chess with for a start?

Here's pretty much the only pic i could find:
    http://www.b2btrade.biz/images2/img49d34e6a6c703.jpg

cheers, appreciate yee'r thoughts.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

There are much smaller ones out there, you don't have to go that mad...

This is just one example
    http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=g678
    g678-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

They had a few different types in Legoland in Windsor when I was there last year. You can even buy the men seperate, for example, have lego men as one team and lego women as the other, obviously dressed like the bride and groom
    I think that would make it a bit more interesting :)

Also to answer your question, it would be a bit fiddly as there's alot of pieces, the one you are looking at, I think, is more for decoration on a coffee table or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Heres the baseplate for sale on ebay for $0.99
    Link

And as I said before, just buy your own minifigs... I can point you in the direction of a guy out in Blanchardstown who has alot of men for sale, you could easily mix and match some outfits :)

Hope this helps

Advertisement