Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left Handed Bouzouki

Options
  • 23-08-2009 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi. Does anyone know where I could buy a left handed Irish bouzouki in Dublin. Either that or somewhere that will convert a right handed one to left handed for me?
    Failing that, does anybody know a website where I can buy one?

I'm a novice so I'm only looking to spend a few hundred euros on it, maybe about 400 or so.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Forgive my ignorance, but whats stopping you stringing it 'upside down'?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭scoey

I'm not sure if that's possible or if there are internal parts that need to be changed around, etc. I'm having a hard time finding info about this online. Perhaps someone with more knowledge on the topic can shed some light on it. If it was as simple as that , it'd definitely be fairly handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

There'll be very little difference on any bouzouki left handed or right handed around your price mark. The Bridge should just turn around and allow you to string it the opposite way around, the bridge has notches for the strings you see. Also mark with a pencil where it is before you change the strings. I would get someone who knows what they are doing first time around.

Waltons on Georges street in dublin have a nice selection and will do you a good deal if you ask, also Goodwins on Caple street may be worth a look. Get the guy in the shop to show you how to put the strings on properly and ask him to change the instrument around for left handed and set up the intonation if you buy it.

Advertisement