Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick City Council - anyone hear back from them?

• 23-08-2009 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone apply for grant through Limerick City Council, have they heard back from them? getting a bit concerned I might have to pony up 1500 which I don't have?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Anyone apply for grant through Limerick City Council, have they heard back from them? getting a bit concerned I might have to pony up 1500 which I don't have?

It's most likely you will have to overdraft it until your grant is approved, then be refunded. I had to do that in first year. The deadline for submission is the 31st of August, so it generally won't be until after that that a grant award is made. Welcome the the 3rd level grant system!:(

Back in my day the semester didn't start until the 3rd full week of September either, so I dread to think how long you'll be waiting. It was November when I got my grant IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

am familliar with all the student bank account crap, but don't know if banks offer the same facility to mature students . Any mature students reading this can expect to get home at 11pm tomorrow as I have a million questions for them in the morning.

am familliar with all the student bank account crap, but don't know if banks offer the same facility to mature students . Any mature students reading this can expect to get home at 11pm tomorrow as I have a million questions for them in the morning.

All bank offers apply to all students, regardless of age, and don't let them tell you otherwise.

Feck. Almost forgot that presentation tomorrow!

Well have been ulster bank member for 13 years and they have a branch out there. something to do during the lunch hour. if that don't work, whill talk to my own branch.

after that is turning tricks on O'curry street :)

ninty9er wrote: »
    It's most likely you will have to overdraft it until your grant is approved, then be refunded. I had to do that in first year. The deadline for submission is the 31st of August, so it generally won't be until after that that a grant award is made. Welcome the the 3rd level grant system!:(

Back in my day the semester didn't start until the 3rd full week of September either, so I dread to think how long you'll be waiting. It was November when I got my grant IIRC.

Did you have to overdraft 1500 sheets. from reading the forum the most they allowed students to overdraft was 650.

• Advertisement

well limerick City Council say a number of weeks before they start processing these grant applications.

****ers

Did you have to overdraft 1500 sheets. from reading the forum the most they allowed students to overdraft was 650.
    UB have a max €650, though the other banks have varying limits and I think BOI offer a grant advance (or at least it used to).

The reg fee wasn't €1572 in my day either, €972, €872, €872, €792.

Well here is what yer wan from the fees office said today

If you are likely to get the grant and you have applied you only have to pay the 72. If you paid the €100 acceptance fee, you don't have to pay anything and you will get the €28 back at a later date.

Just make sure the grant authority name is on the green form that came with the orientation pack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I still haven't heard from Limbo Co Co if I've been awarded or not.

Has anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Gazza1000

Hey! I got a letter off Limerick City Council regarding my grant on Friday just gone. The letter stated I was getting my grant but I needed to get a letter of registration from UL first and hand it in to the office and shortly after that my first instalment of the grant would be paid! Happy days!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Gazza1000 wrote: »
    Hey! I got a letter off Limerick City Council regarding my grant on Friday just gone. The letter stated I was getting my grant but I needed to get a letter of registration from UL first and hand it in to the office and shortly after that my first instalment of the grant would be paid! Happy days!!!

Ooooooh hopefully I won't be waiting too much longer!

Although the thoughts of queuing up for SAA again makes me feel quite ill :(

Bring it!

Advertisement