Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can anyone explain this?!

Options
  • 23-08-2009 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

i constintally have vivid dreams about all sorts, but offten in my dreams there comes a point were im treatened or scared of somebody or something, in my dreams i becomes this complete coward its begining to get to me lately as i cant put my finger on it?!
    is it cause i lack confidence?.....i dont know im not that much of a fighter or macho in real life but im not a coward either ill stand up for myself, or walk away from a bad situation.
    But in my dreams i become this complete chicken, in my dreams i've been in plenty of situations from being bullied to being robbed how i act in my dreams though i know is not how i act normaly can anyone explain this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

i could have a shot since i just found this part of the forum and decided to blitz it :)

i tend to have the opposite dreams and in a way i will them on and end up having a racing heart and have to willfully stop doing it.

i dont know if you are the same in that you repeat the same scenario over and over replaying weach in your head.

i think it might spawn from things in the past happening and the subconcious does not forget these things even if the concious does remember or not.

for me it was a friend was being bullied when we were kids. only about 9 or 10 years old.
    i was also bullied by the same kid and when my friend got pulled inot a fight as a child i didnt know how to deal with it so i was between running to parents for help and going over and facing my fears.

what happened was exactly that i got stuck or frozen inbetween in fear.
    and to this day i still dream heroic situations the odd time where i turn that around and become the saviour.for me i feel that is my subconcious remembering my pain and i have obviously not dealt with that properly or not fully.

i could be way off of coarse or maybe some situation in your past still nags at you that you havent resolved it within yourself.

oh just reread the end of your post.
    and it does sound similar to my experience.

hope its been of some use.

ps.writing thoughts down after dreaming these things im told can sometimes have the effect of pulling more from your subconcious that you didnt realise was there.very good therapy and probably everyone should be doing it.

Advertisement