Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

colourworks...

Options
  • 23-08-2009 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

heya, looking to get my new tattoo, the rest were done in england so, i have a few questions...

firstly, anyone have any experience of colourworks in temple bar? who would be best for colour pieces?

do they have a website?.... all i could find was the online portfolio on the forums here...

and is it hard to get an appointment? im going to ring on monday, i have pictures of what i want, just wondered if it would be hard to get hold of the artists for them to take a look at them and work on my sketches!

thanks, any advice would be appreciated, really like the look of the stuff on darrens myspace, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

http://www.colourworkstattoostudio.com/

Went in there myself on thursday to check the place out.I was talking to Rob and he seemed to be a really nice guy,he had a good cuple of colour tattoos in his portfolio.I told him what type of tattoo I was lokking for and he said he'd be happy to design a tattoo for me if I bring him in a few pictures of what I was looking for.He told me he'd be going away for a few weeks at the begining of September,So if you opt for him you'd want to get an appointment with him soon.

Darren has some good work aswell.I really like his new school stuff and he's amazing with colour.

Who you choose is totally up to you.

When it comes to booking an appointment I'd have no clue about that.Maybe drop in or ring and ask them about it.

Hope I helped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 surfergirl

awesome, thanks for that, dont know how i couldn't find that webpage!

well, ill drop in in the next day or two, i have a sketch and photos of what i want so ill take them with me.
    is it just Darren and Rob that work there so itll be easy enough to talk to them when i go in? From what i've seen and heard, they're pretty good, i suppose ill know for sure after going in with my sketches eh?

ok, so anyone else have any experience of getting tattooed there? the more the better!!!

oh and any idea of price per hour or for a mid-sized tattoo on the ribs? just general idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Darren has some nice new school colour work in his portfolio. It would be best to ring before calling in as sometimes the artist you want to talk to wont be there unless they have an appointment that day I've found.

im in town anyway so ill pop in, what time they open till? sorry..lots of annoying questions!...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

twas a couple of years ago now that i got my tattoo done there by darren, but i couldnt have been happier with it. i'd gone into another studio with a rough design and the artist i talked to couldnt have cared less. was waiting for a mate around temple bar and saw colourworks and just went in to check it out, and darren and the other dude working there were really interested, chatted away, and darren was looking at it saying how great it would look with certain colours, or with extra things in the background, and little things like that.

he was really enthusiastic about it and really cared about how it turned out. was in town several months after that, and happened to walk past him, sorta nodded hi, not thinking he'd remember me, and he stopped talking to his mate and asked me how i was and how the tattoo'd healed up, which i thought was pretty cool of him.

so yep, nothing but good things to say about colourworks from me. still my favourite tattoo :)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

A big thumbs up for colourworks from me too, nothing but good things to say about them. Have had tatts from both Rob and Darren and they're both great :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I got a bad tattoo job fixed in there and they were very good. Nice and natural and no bullsh!t. Also, you don't get that 'I'm a rockstar' intimidation thing that some places are oozing with for some reason! Go for it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 stochen_gesicht

I might be a bit late for this thread but does anyone know how good Colourworks are for cover ups?? I've got a mistake on my arm I'm looking to get covered up and I heard that place is quite good!

thanks for all the replies, the worst bit is the intimidation thing you get from walking into a shop on your own and talking to two, much more tattooed guys than yourself and asking for a smaller kinda tattoo on your back!! well, ill let you know how i get on, hopefully get an appointment this week. everything ive heard sounds great so we'll see...

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

I went into colourworks today to get my first tattoo.Got it done by Rob.Even though it was a basic design he advised me how to make it look better because the original design was very plain.Happy with the outcome :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Got me first there today. Done by Rob i think (chap with lip ring?), simple enough phrase am delighted with it. Sound chap.

Advertisement