Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dot Net Nuke

• 23-08-2009 5:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭

Anyone here using Dot Net Nuke at all? Never really see it mentioned anywhere unless I specifically go looking so I'm wondering if its even being used much out in the wild?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

So lots of Boardies using it then? :p

Ah well, says a bit about it I suppose.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I remember PHP-Nuke and Post-Nuke from back in the day, surprised there's still one of those projects going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

yep I used it a couple of years ago on a client site.

http://www.thegiftbarn.ie

its actually defunct now and the domain is actually probably expired. It was a little overkill for what I wanted really but I was going down the .Net route so didn't want a php cms system which admittedly would have been easier to set up and administer. Aslo the DNN is a little slow (could be register365 tho)

all in all it was good overall tho. I had to modify some of the shop code too and the community were very helpful. I'd use it again if they made it more lightweight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

CuLT wrote: »
    I remember PHP-Nuke and Post-Nuke from back in the day, surprised there's still one of those projects going.
    Well I suppose if the Nuke idea is a relatively old one that could explain the apparent lack of interest in it these days even though they seem to be still developing it.
    00sully wrote: »
    Aslo the DNN is a little slow (could be register365 tho)

all in all it was good overall tho. I had to modify some of the shop code too and the community were very helpful. I'd use it again if they made it more lightweight.
    Actually I felt it was a bit unresponsive too and while it has its plus sides I'm not entirely convinced by it. I do like that its in vb .net and thats what drew me to it in the first place but theres just something holding me back. Pity really as I do think there is a lot of potential for it even if it is unrealised at present.

Advertisement