Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

outdoor shops

Options
  • 23-08-2009 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

hi can anyone reccomend any good outdoor shops in dublin. been surfing the net but some places dont have good websites doesnt necessarily mean there no good.
    being from the sticks i wouldnt know just looking for a heads up.
    cheers dudes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭joewicklow

Great Outdoors in Chatham Street, (just off Grafton Street) or the Outdoor Adventure Store in Liffey Street, (just across the road from Arnotts side door)

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Capel camping (on Capel St obviously enough!) is ok and the people who work there seem to know what they're talking about and they stock good quality equipment.

If you're looking for more basic/beginner stuff Millets on Mary St is ok, they sell mainly Gelert gear which isn't top of the line but it still good for moderate use. They also stock other brands too but they're a little steep.

Oh, and Ramblers way is on Mary St. too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

53 degrees in Carrickmines or Blanchardstown

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭quigo

I second Great Outdoors & Outdoor Adventure store, in my experience they both know their stuff. There is a also North Face shop in Temple Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Redbhoy

I do all my camping shopping in Capel Camping. The lads there know their stuff although they should invest in a bigger shop now :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TheGlobeTrotter

Hi there, I bought some gear a few years ago at the Mountain Equipment Co-Op in Canada. They carry mainly their own brand, but it's by far the best I've ever come across. Anything I bought 6 years ago is still in excellent condition and I've also been very happy with the internet purchases I've made since then. You can see their stuff at www.mec.ca. They are a little pricey, but wirth every penny. International delivery is also pricey but if you buy a few things at the same time it's less overall.

Advertisement