Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flashlight scope and bipod ????

Options
  • 23-08-2009 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at getting a foregrip with retractable bipod, scope and flashlight for my new JG G36C. I'd mount the scope on the top obviously and the foregrip on the bottom rail but where could I mount the flashlight ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

The side rail. If you haven't got one, they can be purchased and bolted on for next to nothing. Failing that, get an offset rail and sit it beside the scope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Where would I get a side rail for a JG G36C ?

Slight change to what I said. I mistakenly read that as a G36k. A G36c won't have provision for mounting side rails, however, there are other options such as the following;

Offset mount.
    Offset vertical rail.
    Offset diagonal rail.
    Offset dual diagonal rail.
    Scope ring with supplementary rail.
    Scope ring with supplementary tri-rail.
    Scope riser with supplementary tri-rail.

(Taking all of these from ebaybanned.com for convenience, there's dozens of sites with hundreds of options)

Obviously the rings are only useful if you're using a traditional magnified scope, and the single diagonal rail is of limited use unless you're using a high mounted sight, but the others are compatible with any choice you make.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Lordhogo

Sorry to correct you Naked Dex but you can mount side rails on the G36C I cant help with telling you where to get them but just saying that you can mount side rails.

NakedDex wrote: »
    Slight change to what I said. I mistakenly read that as a G36k. A G36c won't have provision for mounting side rails, however, there are other options such as the following;

Offset mount.
    Offset vertical rail.
    Offset diagonal rail.
    Offset dual diagonal rail.
    Scope ring with supplementary rail.
    Scope ring with supplementary tri-rail.
    Scope riser with supplementary tri-rail.

(Taking all of these from ebaybanned.com for convenience, there's dozens of sites with hundreds of options)

Obviously the rings are only useful if you're using a traditional magnified scope, and the single diagonal rail is of limited use unless you're using a high mounted sight, but the others are compatible with any choice you make.
    Thanks NakedDex :D

• Advertisement

Lordhogo wrote: »
    Sorry to correct you Naked Dex but you can mount side rails on the G36C I cant help with telling you where to get them but just saying that you can mount side rails.

If you look at the foregrip on a G36c, you'll see that it's smooth but canted to an inward angle. There are no provisions on it for bolting on rails. On the G36k, that surface is broken up by two mounting points for rails. They're raised from the surface to discount the angle of the grip, and they're threaded. The G36c does not have these.
    However, if you were willing to measure out and drill the foregrip, you could mount rails onto it. Option b is to get an aftermarket foregrip with those provisions pre-installed.

Unless you can provide examples of a stock JG G36c with rail mount points on the foregrip, you're incorrect.

edit:Sorry this was a double post

http://www.mainirishairsoft.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=374
    Now I may be wrong in where I think side rails are located and if I am wrong then I am sorry for the misunderstanding but in that picture of a KWA G36C are those side rails on the hand guard because if they are then you can put side rails on a JG G36C. Like I said if I am wrong I am sorry.

That's a KWA version, the one in the OP's question is a JG. The KWA has provisions in the handguard already, unlike the JG. If you were to remove the rails from the KWA one, you'd see the lugs underneath look very much like the ones on a G36k (of any brand). Without those lugs you have to drill out the handguard and (if you want to be thorough about it) make up some angled spacers for it.
    Those handguards are available as aftermarket parts and will fit the JG model, however, it's cheaper just to pick up an offset mount than it is to buy that handguard and then a torch mount on top of that again. Hence why I omitted it from the initial list of options.

Ok but on the front picture of the manual for my Jing Gong G36C there are side rails on it and the manual does say you can attach side rails to it.

• Advertisement

Are there mounting points on the handguard of your G36c?

Yes they are.;)

Underneath or on the sides too? I ask because I'm looking at two of them right now, in front of me, and both have lugs mounted to the bottom but not on the sides.

Right on the sides just like the KWA version. Now I think we should just agree to disagree as this thread has gotten very derailed.

No it hasn't. Clearly there are versions out there with rail mountings on them. This means the OP has more options available than previously considered. Such as these and these.

Actually I did notice two threaded holes on both sides of the hand grip. I'll get a picture up later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

The JG G36C will take side rails ;) had to plug the holes when I was pianting mine:D

They can be bought in a few Irish retailers :p just look around

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

There's a model of Bipod grip made for the Israeli army, it has a torch integrated ;)

the t pod style, with an integrated torch at the top.

However, I wouldnt recomend a bipod.... its a g36c, not a sniper rifle, nor a support gun, a bipod is extra weight you may think will look flash, but you will get sick of it. use your arm to support it prone, or other methods that dont add lbs to your rifle. Just advice, im not ordering you to not put one on, it would however mean you could get one of the plethora of torch grips available....

Firekitten is right about the bi pod. It is your choice of course if you do want to get one but it isint that hard just to have your elbows under the gun this way it acts like a bi pod. I am just telling you this as it is a way to save some money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

As this is the OP's first.. I'll let him off... but be warned folks... If i see a box mag and a bipod on a stubby thriller... I'll be handing out slappings.... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Firekitten wrote: »
    As this is the OP's first.. I'll let him off... but be warned folks... If i see a box mag and a bipod on a stubby thriller... I'll be handing out slappings.... :rolleyes:

If anyone has seen the thread about someone wanting to put a red dot sight on a rpk they will know that Firekitten isint lieing about the slapping part.biggrin.gif:p

Its a retractable bipod, acts as a foregrip when you don't need the bipod.
    M49_B1.jpg

Well that actually looks pretty good Cian as I do have a front grip for my G36C which is quite useful and if the bi pod is intergrated into it then I would change my mind and say its fine to get that.

Lordhogo wrote: »
    Well that actually looks pretty good Cian as I do have a front grip for my G36C which is quite useful and if the bi pod is intergrated into it then I would change my mind and say its fine to get that.
    Yeah, I thought it would be handy, the bipod is there if you ever need it. I got for €10 on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.ie/Tactical-RIS-foregrip-Pod-bipod-for-Picattinny-Rail_W0QQitemZ140341094070QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET?hash=item20acfb26b6&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

A thing to note about that bipod/grip; it's huge. Seriously, it will quite rediculous on a gun that size. They're commonly seen on SCARs and they even look too big on those, so it will look rather seriously out of proportion on the relatively small frame of a G36c.
    Plus, as FK said, having a bipod on a rifle that small is a tad redundant as you'll never find a situation where you'd actually need it.

cian1500ww wrote: »

Wow you got got that for a tenner I got my RIS grip alone for 15 euro and you get the bipod with it to thats a good price.

Advertisement