Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night out - details

• 23-08-2009 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭

Okie doke,

Gonna organise something, I'm thinking either a thursday, friday or saturday this week or the next.
    Weekend would most likely suit people better cos those amongst us lucky to have jobs work on friday morning :p

Have a few ideas either way;

Hit up fibbers for a Thursday - €3 drinks. €5 door charge. Been done before though.
    A Friday or Saturday in Karma (beside christchurch) - €3 bottles and shots. No cover charge.

If anyone has any other recession busting ideas or suggestions just shout.

You joining us? 10 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    60%
    SplinterWillSofaspudjenizzleRaze_them_allCianRyan 6 votes
    Possibly
    40%
    jinxycattattooEdgedinblueheyjay14 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

Possibly
    Oh!!! didn't think it'd be that soon, not free for the next few weeks, not free til mid-september.

I'm afraid i'll have to pass on this :(:(

If circumstances change though i'll be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

No
    it's just a suggestion, nothing set in concrete yet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Jammy

Sound interestiiiiing

Fibbers sounds good, if I'm around I might pop along!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarma.

it's a neat little place and very cheap!

Cheapness is good.

Does it have a good crowd?

• Advertisement

No
    was there myself last night, mixed crowd pretty much, nice atmosphere, not much of a dancing place really. there is a dj but most just stand or sit about chatting, music isn't too loud that you can't hear people :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Will wrote: »
    was there myself last night, mixed crowd pretty much, nice atmosphere, not much of a dancing place really. there is a dj but most just stand or sit about chatting, music isn't too loud that you can't hear people :)

Nice bit of talent in Karma last night too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Possibly
    i think ill have to pass sadly :( aint got any dollars to get from galway and pints, place to stay etc...

No
    If people wanna suggest times they're free or even days that would suit better than others. Obviously not everyone will be happy so will have to go with the majority decision

pikachucheeks - yeah im a roide seemingly :pac:

Possibly
    Well i guess ill throw in the weekends, and after the 17th of sept ill have money! the joys of 21st bdays :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

No
    meerkat.jpg

Beers.....next week??? Hmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MmmmmCheese

Don't think I'm known well enough here to come along to this...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

Possibly
    I didn't know anyone on my first beers, just got someones number and arranged to meet them before hand. Was a great night!!! I was only chatting in the Boards chat room a little while at the time. God I miss the chat room at times:(

Don't think I'm known well enough here to come along to this...:o

Me too!

But I don't mind!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

No
    Pfft, you don't need to be well known!

And you had your own (albeit brief) well, cheesey!

I don't think I'll be free for a few weeks, 2 sessions next week (friday & saturday) and Eleccy Piccy the weekend after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Hmmm never been to anything like this.. plus im pretty new to boards!
    But I do love karma:D

No
    oh yeah shoite electric picnic, will try avoid conflicting with those dates for those heading along.

you don't need to be well known, sure i was only back from france a few weeks and went to my first one.

Did you go alone or bring a friend?

No
    went on my own, didn't know anyone from the forum. was pretty nerve racking but once I settled and everyone else, drinks were flowing and made great mates out of it. as nerdy as it sounds :)

That doesnt really sound nerdy ha!
    Hmm dont know if id be brave enough to go alone.. how would I know who to go over to :pac:
    although wudnt feel to bad if it was karma.. my local :p

• Advertisement

No
    well when you deffo have stuff set in stone pm someone who is heading along who you think isn't a weirdo and pm em asking for their number or something?

it's easier meeting 1 new face than a whole load. also hence why i set up the pics thread tonight too, so people may see others they recognise

Possibly
    thats actually one thing id hate, me recognising people but them not knowing who i was and there i am screaming hello at them

No
    its not nice not recognising someone who knows your face either >.<

but yeah, should be a laugh either way

Possibly
    defo should! hopefully ill get to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

No
    Cookie Jar wrote: »
    Hmm dont know if id be brave enough to go alone.. how would I know who to go over to :pac:

Umm, the crowd of people with bits of metal / jadeite / whatever other stones Will / Gauge have in them that day going through various parts of their anatomy? :P

I was really intimidated at my first beers, but that's 'cos I happened to be in the pub, recognised Will, then he brought me over to a gang of people, who were awkwardly silent for a minute!

Every other bodymod beers I've been at has been great fun though! We're a lovely bunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Dragonz_Rawr

Oh - just catching up here - Thursdays are out for me...Fridays or Saturdays are a better bet...:)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

No
    YEY DRINK!

I'm always on for the smelly place cos I like the music! Don't mind going anywhere else as long as I don't have to listen to not-so-good music. Christchurch will be a bit of a trek for me, might have to bring a drink to accompany me along the way.

/elitism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Sofaspud wrote: »
    ...recognised Will, then he brought me over to a gang of people, who were awkwardly silent for a minute!
    Possibly because they were in awe at your Jesusyness
    jenizzle wrote: »
    Christchurch will be a bit of a trek for me, might have to bring a drink to accompany me along the way.
    More of a trek than Fibbers? :pac:

Possibly
    aw i miss fibbers, havnt been there in 2years after i practically lived there for 1!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

No
    well thursdays is a no go for me but friday/saturday is defo cool :) ill pop along, plus 1 for karma for the ability to chat/mingle and minus 1 to fibbers for the smell....

as regards to those not sure about going, i went to my first beers on my own having met will briefly once while absolutly out of my face one night on beer.. its worth going for a while anywho, we dont bite (well we may but only if you ask)

Advertisement