Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Financial maths and economics in NUIG

• 23-08-2009 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Hi
    Im starting the FME course in galway this year and just wondering is this a good course to pursue a career in economics?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

I don't know anything about it. Is it an undergrad course? As far as I can tell, what matters the most for a career in economics is what you do at postgrad level. Just make sure you get top grades at undergrad level so that you can qualify for the best masters places.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭nobbo

Cool so once i do well and get into a good masters ill be on the right track?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

nobbo wrote: »
    Cool so once i do well and get into a good masters ill be on the right track?

Exactly. Although the selection of the masters is highly important, so get back to us here in 3-4 years, looking for advice.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭nobbo

Exactly. Although the selection of the masters is highly important, so get back to us here in 3-4 years, looking for advice.

;)

Righteo will defo be back if I ever leave!:cool:

Advertisement