Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I get this gun?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Mperrozzi

tbh i think you would be better off saving up and buying a decent rifle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

It's of no use unless you're just going to popping a few shots off at paper targets.
    If you're thinking of getting started in airsoft, you need to be looking at AEG's rather than cheap springers. Have a look at the likes of the Galaxy MP5k if you're on a tight budget. They're about as cheap as you can get without getting something totally useless. Beyond that, if you can rustle up a few more bucks, look into the DBoys and JG offerings which are excellently priced for such reliable kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

For a tenner extra you can get a triple shot shotty from airsoft eire or eirsoft.ie, and they are more fun and actually useable at a game (but require a lot of skill).

Get a dboys m4 or similar, rock solid and completely skirmisheable.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cazador

Could you tell me whats bad about getting the shotgun cause Im completely new to this and I thought it would be alright to use cause of its decent power

It's innacurate and has very poor range. It's outgunned by pretty much anything you'll come across on the field and there are no spare mags availble.
    Single shot shotguns are fairly poor generally (with some exceptions), but that one is bottom of the pile.
    I picked one up one day on an impulse buy, it's been sitting in a locker ever since. I wouldn't even use them for paper targets, you'd be better off throwing the bbs.

• Advertisement

so it wouldnt be good at short range either no?

At short range you want something with a rapid rate of fire and/or a small size. That's where a semi auto pistol or an SMG comes into play. The slow, innacurate rate of that shotgun would be dwarfed by even the most basic of AEGs or GBBs.

NakedDex wrote: »
    At short range you want something with a rapid rate of fire and/or a small size. That's where a semi auto pistol or an SMG comes into play. The slow, innacurate rate of that shotgun would be dwarfed by even the most basic of AEGs or GBBs.

cool,thanks for the advise man,do you have any links to cheap guns i could get?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭fleecymanager

plus one on a galaxy mp5k have one and i will never tire of it a great little gun ,the best you will get for under 100 euro new

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

Definitely a galaxy mp5k, have had two for projects and neither aeg has ever let me down. Amazing power and accuracy from such a small piece of kit:eek:

• Advertisement

cazador wrote: »
    cool,thanks for the advise man,do you have any links to cheap guns i could get?

Cheapest you'll get one for is around the €100 mark (the Galaxy MP5k I first mentioned), though the bracket price for a good, reliable, skirmishable rifle is only between the €100-€160 marks, depending on what style you want, from MP5's to AK's.

cool,tnx to everyone for the advise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Lordhogo

I have a couple of questions to make it easier to find out what airsoft is right for you.

Will you be skirmishing with it or just shooting targets in your garden?
    How much do you want to spend?
    What kind of preference would you have in other words do you like mp5s AK47s etc.?

Lordhogo wrote: »
    I have a couple of questions to make it easier to find out what airsoft is right for you.

Will you be skirmishing with it or just shooting targets in your garden?
    How much do you want to spend?
    What kind of preference would you have in other words do you like mp5s AK47s etc.?

i will be skirmishing,i already have a bad handgun I use to shoot targets in my garden :)
    I dont have much money at the moment,the highest i'd go is 100.
    I would go with anything thats decent and cheap at the moment,just not a hand gun.

i will be skirmishing,i already have a bad handgun I use to shoot targets in my garden :)
    I dont have much money at the moment,the highest i'd go is 100.
    I would go with anything thats decent and cheap at the moment,just not a hand gun.
    Well then you should do as most people said and get the galaxy MP5K. Its cheap its nearly as small as a handgun bit with the firepower of an AEG so I would recommend it.

You could probably just get away with using that but I would still say go for the Galaxy MP5K its worth the extra money.

Lordhogo wrote: »
    You could probably just get away with using that but I would still say go for the Galaxy MP5K its worth the extra money.

Ya but i doubt i will be able to get the money together for that :(

In your last post you said you wouldn't get a handgun. That's pretty much what the Skorpion is. It's very small, no bigger than a large pistol, and with only slightly greater range and accuracy. They're not a bad piece bur they're not something to consider as a primary gun for skirmishing. Your budget of €100 would get you that Galaxy MP5k with change left over. €105 will get you it and a spare hi-cap mag. €110 will get you the PDW model with the folding stock. Performance is great, range and accuracy ate surprising from such a compact SMG, it's very comfortable and it's capable of holding it's own in any skirmish. Bring it to somewhere like The Warehouse or G-Tac Urban and you actually have a serious advantage with it.
    It's honestly your best option in that price range, and anyone who knows anything about them will agree emphatically.

NakedDex wrote: »
    In your last post you said you wouldn't get a handgun. That's pretty much what the Skorpion is. It's very small, no bigger than a large pistol, and with only slightly greater range and accuracy. They're not a bad piece bur they're not something to consider as a primary gun for skirmishing. Your budget of €100 would get you that Galaxy MP5k with change left over. €105 will get you it and a spare hi-cap mag. €110 will get you the PDW model with the folding stock. Performance is great, range and accuracy ate surprising from such a compact SMG, it's very comfortable and it's capable of holding it's own in any skirmish. Bring it to somewhere like The Warehouse or G-Tac Urban and you actually have a serious advantage with it.
    It's honestly your best option in that price range, and anyone who knows anything about them will agree emphatically.

I know,its just trying to get up to that price will be the problem.I would prefer to get the MP5K but I'm not 100 percent that I'll be able to get to that price.Thanks for all the advise, I'm either going to get the scropion or the MP5K

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

you could get a decent aeg in the adverts section of boards for under the ton second hand, and usually come with extra mags ect.

Advertisement