Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stupid Vista Search

• 23-08-2009 6:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭

I have vlc installed on my machine. I dont know where I installed it to, I run an advanced search on vista for vlc.exe telling it to search everywhere and it brings me back nothing. Anyone know why it wouldn't find it. Really sick of this OS

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Just typing vlc (not vlc.exe) into the start menu search should find it, if it's installed.
    It's normally in program files under VideoLAN.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Go to start > Control Panel > Programs and Features and see if it shows up in that list. You may have un-installed it accidentally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

5uspect wrote: »
    Just typing vlc (not vlc.exe) into the start menu search should find it, if it's installed.
    It's normally in program files under VideoLAN.

It doesn't bring it up either, instead it just brings up a bunch of MKV files
    Go to start > Control Panel > Programs and Features and see if it shows up in that list. You may have un-installed it accidentally.

Thanks, it is installed and I just watched a video on it, I just don't understand how search doesn't find it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

colly10 wrote: »
    It doesn't bring it up either, instead it just brings up a bunch of MKV files

Thanks, it is installed and I just watched a video on it, I just don't understand how search doesn't find it

I don't know about vista but in windows 7 you can change what areas get indexed. Maybe you turned off indexing for it's folder or the programs folders or something. VLC by default installs to C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC

go to there and find vlc.exe, right click it and send to desktop. Then drag it into your all programs folder in the start menu.

Advertisement