Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

connected to internet but internet wont work

Options
  • 23-08-2009 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

I just bought an asus eee pc 904hd netbook and cant get it to work with my eircom broadband connection it is a motorola netopia router and when i turn on the netbook it says connected to eircom network connection but when i try to use internet explorer all i get is internet explorer cannot display page i've searched google for this and could not find any answer its driving me mad if anybody can help me i'd be very grateful thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

try looking at the router first

http://192.168.1.254/ and tell us what that says ??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

madheaded wrote: »
    I just bought an asus eee pc 904hd netbook and cant get it to work with my eircom broadband connection it is a motorola netopia router and when i turn on the netbook it says connected to eircom network connection but when i try to use internet explorer all i get is internet explorer cannot display page i've searched google for this and could not find any answer its driving me mad if anybody can help me i'd be very grateful thanks

have you entered your wep key?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

madheaded wrote: »
    What IP address are you getting?
    Any McAfee/Symantec/ZoneAlarm crap installed?
    Can you ping www.boards.ie?
    If not, can you ping it's IP address 89.234.66.107?
    Can you ping the router 192.168.1.254?
    Can you access the Netopia Page (IP above)?
    What lights are up on your Netopia and what colour are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Sarn

Are you connecting by wireless or wired?

See if you can get it working when wired first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 forsomeone

Is the wireless switch on? Entered the WEP? Re-start the wireless router...go to WIRELESS properties

make sure everything setup correctly
    (WEP , ANY channel, etc.)

Use the icon that says NETWORK, not the one that
    says WIRELESS NETWORKS.

• Advertisement
Advertisement