Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Words of wisdom for freshers.

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭itchyblood

Incoming Master's student and I'm only 20 (Yeah I know). Finished my undergrad in May and nervous but excited to go to UCD.

Where is the best spot in the library? Somewhere with plugs/decent peace to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

itchyblood wrote: »
    Incoming Master's student and I'm only 20 (Yeah I know). Finished my undergrad in May and nervous but excited to go to UCD.

Where is the best spot in the library? Somewhere with plugs/decent peace to work?

Take the escalators all the way to the top (Engineering section), to the right is a good place for laptop users.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭KeepTheFaith

Quick question from a postgrad without accomodation yet. Staying with a friend so going to make my way into town and get a bus out to UCD for a welcome meeting. I'll have to go to Roebuck Castle so what's the best bus to get or best place to get off? Totally new to UCD and Dublin. Thanks!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

From the city centre, you can get the 46a (stops O'Connell Street, D'Olier Street, Nassau Street, St. Stephens Green), or the 145 (same as above but not O'Connell Street, it comes from the quays instead), or the 39a (goes right into campus, stops at College Green, Nassau Street, Baggot Street) - they're the best and most frequent ones. The 3 bus also occasionally goes to UCD (about once every 30-45 mins) and stops on O'Connell Street, but I'd aim for the other ones as the 3 takes a long route there.

Edit: I should say that it's still about 10-15 walk to Roebuck castle from where the bus stops (the 39a is about a 6-7 minute walk away). The 11a bus will actually bring you very close to Roebuck Castle, 1 min walk, but it's so infrequent I wouldn't bother!

Advertisement