Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting shiny hair!

• 23-08-2009 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Hi, I have been looking for a product that I can use to give my hair extra shine. Does anyone know of any good products? Has anyone used Bumble and Bumble's Brilliantine? Is it any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭_LilyRose_

I haven't used that product, but Elvive Nutri Gloss with pearl something (the pink bottle) is good! What colour hair do you have? You're lucky if it's dark because hair products and treatments are more noticeable on long, sleek, straight black hair than frizzy mousey hair!
    Try out lots of brands to find the best one for you, or you could take supplements? For example, I know someone who takes a supplement for hair and nails..? Not that I'm encouraging you to start taking random drugs! Check with a doctor and all that...!:)
    Hope I helped:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I have naturally shiny hair which sounds kinda odd cos I have a rubbish diet and use any products on my hair that are within reach, but i read that rinsing your hair in cold water after you've shampooed/conditioned etc can give it a glossy look..worth a shot if you can bare it:)

Oh yeah, is your hair dark? cos the shine is always more obvious then..

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

I'm a brunette so i'll give the cold water a try firstly! Hopefully there might be an improvement. I was reading about Perfectil. They seem to do one supplement for hair as well. I might give them a go too.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

try some conditioning masks- you can buy some or make your own... i use umberto giannini's beauty balm moisturiser ( white tube) that you put in your hair at bed time and it has really helped the condition of my hair.... I sometimes rub extra virgin coconut oil on the ends of my hair and leave it sink in over night (smells fab) then shampoo out the next day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭cherryred

i have Lee Stafford's Shine Spray, its good and it smells lovely. you just spray directly onto dry hair.

You can get it in boots, he has other Shine products too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭mega man

try axel grease

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Rise Above This

I find Burts Bee's Super Shiny conditioner great! always getting compliments on how shiny my hair is :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

this may sound odd but if you mix banana, mayonnaise and olive oil and apply to your hair and rinse it will be super shiny and is very good for strengthening your hair.

i know it may be slightly more awkward then just buying a bottle of conditioner but its worth a try :)

Advertisement