Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda - what to do??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭frecklier

Oh yeah it's across the road. I paid €89 for a double room without breakfast, and it was coming out at something like €30 extra for the breakfast. Bru was a good bit cheaper, and nice to get out somewhere else.
    For €89 a night, it is far more than 'nice'. Looking for a shower in addition to a bath is being very picky. I've stayed in hotels in France, Germany, London, Argentina and all over Ireland in the past 12 months, and I can only think of one that had a separate bath and shower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

Oh yeah it's across the road

It's across the river, hardly across the road.
    I paid €89 for a double room

The D has been €59 since the beginning of the year.
    it is far more than 'nice'.

No it isn't.
    Looking for a shower in addition to a bath is being very picky

%95 of hotels in Europe and the USA have walk-in showers so I fail to see how I am being picky.
    I've stayed in hotels in France, Germany, London, Argentina and all over Ireland in the past 12 months, and I can only think of one that had a separate bath and shower

I've stayed in hotels in 35 states out of 50 in the USA, in an abundant of hotels in Ireland, England, Scotland, Spain, France, Italy, Estonia, Latvia, Poland, Sweden, Finland, Germany, Cyprus, Malta and others and I can count on 1 hand with my fingers how many times there has been a hotel with a shower in the bath.

End of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭frecklier

Sorry, it's not Bru. Haven't heard great things about that place. It's the place across the road and up the steps I'm thinking about.
    I'm not lying, I paid €89 twice this year for a double room, and at that it was the special internet rate. And very good value I thought.
    As for the rest of the comments, we'll have to agree to disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kizzabel

the cheapest rates are infact €62 per night with hotels.com but we got 2 nights b and b for €140 on tablet hotels website..... because of a cock up on their system!!

just off the phone with the d hotel who rang to say infact this rate was room only, i read her my reservation email which stated b and b so now i gots the b and b. heehee i love prospering from other peoples mistakes!

i think we'll head out to gormanstown and probably just stroll around and see where the road takes us

anywhere to avoid??

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

kizzabel wrote: »
    the cheapest rates are infact €62 per night with hotels.com but we got 2 nights b and b for €140 on tablet hotels website..... because of a cock up on their system!!

just off the phone with the d hotel who rang to say infact this rate was room only, i read her my reservation email which stated b and b so now i gots the b and b. heehee i love prospering from other peoples mistakes!

i think we'll head out to gormanstown and probably just stroll around and see where the road takes us

anywhere to avoid??

The New Central!! Just look for the herse permanently parked outside waiting for it's next victim! Worst pub in Ireland. :o

I'd probably avoid West Street/Peter Street (centre of the town) when the niteclubs are chucking out. Other than that, Drogheda is a fairly safe place with good pubs and mostly friendly people. McPhails and McHughs are the best central pubs, and have decent live music 4/5 nights a week.

Definetely visit Newgrange, and the Battle of the Boyne heritage centre if you get a chance.

LOL @ Little Wembley. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

LOL @ Little Wembley. smile.gif

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

i'm gonna assume frecklier is talking about bia on the dublin rd. it is lovely not just for breakfast. great dinners. and very reasonably priced.

little wembley??

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

kizzabel wrote: »
    little wembley??

Home to the legends of Drogheda - THE Northside Blues!

Stan Staunton has just been appointed Under 7's first team coach. The locals are furious. :)

lol a team to watch so....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 irishwarrior

Its good to see Stan back coaching (at the proper level):D

Advertisement