Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best 3d model rendering program?

Options
  • 23-08-2009 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi guys.

I just wanna get some opinions on this...i was wondering what peoples opinions are on the best 3d rendering program for product deign.

I usually use just photoworks through solidworkd which i use to create the models. Ive attempted to use Rhino also but couldnt really figure it out, then again i didnt devote to much time to it as it was only the evaluation version i used.

So any opinions on an excellent rendering program that you use??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭subedei

I personally use 3ds max, just what I started with and you can do a helluvalot with it, but product design you could do. The major hitters really are Maya and 3ds max, which are both used in pre-viz arch, games, animations and movies. I dont do product design myself but the biggest renderer's seem to Vray, Mental Ray or Brazil in most renderings. Mental Ray comes packaged with Maya and 3ds max, the others are very pricey seperate renderers. Not sure if that answers your question but hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

3d studio Max all the way. You can do anything with it once you know the basics.

Cinema 4d is another competitor, but to be frank its crap. The level of control you have over your model with max is insane, and theres always a number of ways that you can approach each and every task.

The problem with said program is that it is VERY in depth, and it does take alot of work to get to a presentable standard, not to mention a certain mindset. Nothing that hardwork wont sort out tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Moromaster

Whenever I make Morrowind or Oblivion mods. I always use 3d studio Max, I've tried others, but there aren't enough features. :(

Advertisement