Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few more renewal form questions..

Options
  • 23-08-2009 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

Sorry in advance.. i hve been readng all the other threads about the renewals so- far, im getting through the paperwork ok, i just have a couple of stumblers..

My shotgun cert (renewal)

Sect 1 Application type.

my cert says "unlimited with endorsement"

Is this (a) firearm cert... (b) resticted firearm cert.. or (c) limited firarm cert.?

i just cant see the wood for the trees on that one.

Sect 2.4 Previous History

any offences etc in ireland??

(no secret.. i got done for drink driving) do i need to state this?

My Air rifle cert..

4.1 Certificate details....

state the max. number of rounds?

A tin of pellets come in 500. my original cert only says 100!! at this point can i change the amount to 500 (or 1000... 2 tins!!) ?? or do i have to stick with the original 100?

4.2 Reason why this type of Firearm is required...

obviously i cant state hunting or vermin control... i originally had said target shooting and practice etc... this was ok before... i am not a member of any pistol club or range, just a gun club(with no range)..

any ideas what i should fill in here? (there is a box for "other")!.

Thanks in advance

connor.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

A) Application type for shotgun is Firearm Certificate.

B) Grey area. Penalty points etc need not be considered. Any offences relating to firearms, criminal activity or something you have recieved a conviction for must be declared. (I'm assuming its in relation to a custodial sentence but i'm sure someone here has a more defined explanation)

C) You can put down 500 or 1000 whatever you deem as necessary.

D) You can't declare its for target work without a valid membership number. Declare it for what you use the rifle for. If thats vermin, pest control so be it. You may get a letter from the gun club stating you shoot the land covered by the club and attach it to your application.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement