Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cost of installing wooden floors?? any estimates?

Options
  • 23-08-2009 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

Am going to be moving into a duplex apartment within a couple of weeks and i'm hoping to have semi solid wooden floor boards in the 2 bedrooms and solid in the living room. Thing is , i was at homebase and i was informed that the semi solid floors can easily be installed as they are the click type ones. Whereas the solid ones require glue. The areas are as follows:

living room 15 sq metres

2 bedrooms : total 25 sq metres

so does anyone have any ideas how much it could cost to hire someone to install them??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 allinwood

bada_bing wrote: »
    Am going to be moving into a duplex apartment within a couple of weeks and i'm hoping to have semi solid wooden floor boards in the 2 bedrooms and solid in the living room. Thing is , i was at homebase and i was informed that the semi solid floors can easily be installed as they are the click type ones. Whereas the solid ones require glue. The areas are as follows:

living room 15 sq metres

2 bedrooms : total 25 sq metres

so does anyone have any ideas how much it could cost to hire someone to install them??

Hi bada_bing, You should be looking at around €10-€15 per square meter for the semi soild and between €20-€25 per square meter for the solid.There could be extras tho for the likes of removing skirtings and putting them back on and also if any doors need to be planed down in height.Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 erinselbow

Hi There...We got the entire upstairs of our house done in semi solid & laminate, also all the floorboards on the ground floor sanded, stained and 4 coats of varnish with Eric and I have to say he's great (Not a friend or relation, just got him on a recommendation) His work is really good and he's very reasonable. He will bring you loads of samples to choose from and can get good deals from the wholesaler...cheaper than B&Q & Homebase etc. this is his website http://www.irishfloors.com/ ...Good luck with the project :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭contentking

I just got my office installed with semi wooden floors a few months ago and my neighbour did the job (builder) - He works for about €120 a day and was done in 2 days, fantastic work! - Would you like me to pass his details onto you?

Also, where are you based?

Advertisement