Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[C&C] A family, a park, a fisheye and lomo post-processing

• 23-08-2009 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

I can't even think of a fancy name that would work for this post. Green-tinged fun?

shawna1_m.jpg
    shawna2_m.jpg
    shawna3_m.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

I love the fact that in #1, it's not a completely linear progression along the little walkway. It's almost a little narrative with her telling herself to hurry up. I like the almost 70's feel to the processing (mostly for nostalgic reasons, since my own childhood memories are influenced by the colouring of the photographs of me at the time)

#2 is a lovely capture of the joy of childhood, the slide shot alone is superb. Personally I'd like a little more contrast.

I didn't comment on your last pregnancy shot for C&C, it seemed to me a particularly personal record to attempt to critique as a complete stranger. The third collection here is fantastic, I love the facial expressions and the fantastic sense of family. You've avoided the cliche 'bump shot' conventions and have captured a great record of a moment in time. Nice work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

I like the effect however I personally wouldn't offer it on every single shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Good job, nice shots put together well

Id possibly up the contrast on no.2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I like the effect however I personally wouldn't offer it on every single shot

I won't, but for my own picks (I do proofing gallery+sample processing for my own blog) it felt appropriate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

I like them a lot but I find the lack of detail in the skies a bit weird. I know it's not a landscape shot and not as important in portraits. Guess I'm just used to looking for that kind of thing...

• Advertisement

It was a flat, grey overcast which was blown out by my metering. Nothing to look at there, move along home.

Fenster wrote: »
    I won't, but for my own picks (I do proofing gallery+sample processing for my own blog) it felt appropriate.

So what goes on your blog is different to what the client gets to see or have I read that wrong??

So what goes on your blog is different to what the client gets to see or have I read that wrong??

Yes and no.

I upload a private proofing gallery of unprocessed images to allow the customer to pick out what images they'd like processed (I do my own picks and prune any bad images first), and also how they'd like them processed. I additionally pick out a few images for my blog and process them to my own whim as examples of how the image might be processed. I'm working to update and expand my portfolio (its on the to-do list right now) with samples of the styles I can provide.

Fair enough but will talk to you about it offline in more detail

Advertisement