Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salmon fillets

Options
  • 23-08-2009 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭

hello all,

Having salmon fillets tomorrow for dinner, had a good look around online for recipes for a sauce or something to go with the fillets and some veg. cant find anything that doesnt involve mad ingreidents in the making.

anyone got any simple ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Had some yesterday, we had mushey peas, home made chips, white wine sauce and garlic bread with them. Delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭heathcliff

hello all,

Having salmon fillets tomorrow for dinner, had a good look around online for recipes for a sauce or something to go with the fillets and some veg. cant find anything that doesnt involve mad ingreidents in the making.

anyone got any simple ideas?

I normally put the salmon in the oven covered in tin foil, I season it with salt and pepper, put a wedge of lemon in it along with some parsley. I serve it with potatoes and whatever veg I have..enjoy

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Simple is best with salmon, pan frying is my favourite way to cook it.

I would mix some butter, lemon juice and dill together, a fairly good amount of butter. Stick most of it in a pan. Put the salmon in and fry it. It only takes a few minutes depending on how thick it is, and the best part of frying is that you can see the fish cooking through, so very little chance of over cooking. Dot the rest of the butter mix on the top while it's frying. It'll melt over it and give it a nice flavour.

You can serve it with potatoes and veg if you like, or a nice bit of salad and some crusty bread, which also only takes a few minutes and can be prepared while the salmon is frying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

What about a simple Salmon Risotto?

Needed:
    Salmon(cut into cubes)
    Risotto Rice
    Asparagus (chopped into thirds)
    Mushrooms (sliced)
    Red Onion (chopped finely)
    Tarragon
    Vegtable Stock (1 Litre)

Fry the red onion and mushrooms until soft in a pot. Add in the risotto rice and a third of the stock.
    When most of the stock has reduced, stick in the salmon and the asparagus, and most of the rest of the stock.
    When this has reduced, stick in the tarragon and rest of the stock, turn off the heat and leave the lot to rest for about 5mins for the last of the stock to be soaked up.

From when first putting in the risotto rice it should take about 30-35mins.

Easy peasy and really really tasty...oh and quite healthy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

A simple tasty dish I often have is salmon fillet coated with Pataks tandoori paste (saw that one in a jamie oliver book. it tastes great http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/fish-recipes/quick-salmon-tikka-with-cucumber-yoghurt) served on some kind of tomato based pasta dish. The salmon and pasta go great together

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

all of those recipes sound lovely. but today i got lazy, i just cooked spuds,carrots and peas and stuck the salmon in the oven, when it was just done i stuck some cream cheese with chilli powder on top for something a little different. was really yummy!

thanks for all the recipes guys, i saved them on my laptop! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Marinade your fillets in a good bit of Kikkoman Teriyaki sauce.

You then wrap them in tinfoil and bake. I suppose you could fry them also.

Serve with soba noodles, roast mini potatoes, anything really.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭velocirafter

you could pan fry it in some sweet chili sauce

• Registered Users Posts: 17,052 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

My fool proof salmon method.

In a bowl combine: lemon zest, whole grain mustard, chopped garlic, chopped fresh herbs, olive oil, salt and coarse black pepper.

Coat the salmon with this and put under a hot grill.
    Now this works for me but I guess there are variables (thickness of salmon, heat of grill, distance from grill etc.); I find that when the coating is just turning blackish, the salmon is perfectly done (about 7-8 mins without turning). It should be just short of fully cooked through - moist in the centre.

I like to serve it on a bed of red, yellow and orange peppers which have been cooked in a pan with butter, sugar,white wine vinegar, salt, butter and water for about 10 mins. With mash, rice or garlic potatoes and a green salad.

Haven't cooked that in ages - it was one of my earlier dishes!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

I think salmon should just be simply cooked, fried in a little butter and served with some hollandaise sauce. For vegetables, I would suggest some asparagus and baby new potatoes. You might like this idea:
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Poached-Salmon-with-Hollandaise-Sauce/Detail.aspx

Hope I helped:)

Advertisement