Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC Wireless Broadband and Dell PC

• 23-08-2009 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

I recently switched to UPC broadband and have had connection issues since the day after it was installed

I have a Dell Inspiron 530S running on Vista
    Cisco Router

Basically, on day 1 the wireless connection worked
    On day 2 my wife in error switched on my Eircom broadband and since then I haven't been able to get onto the internet.

Fairly certain that the issue is with the PC as I have no issues at all connecting to XBox Live with the wireless connection.

Any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

How did she "switch on your eircom broadband" exactly? are you sure your xbox is going through your UPC. Is your eircom broadband disconnected or does it still have a little period left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

OP just go into the network and sharing in control panel, check you are connected to the upc network and that it is set as private not public.

Failing that click manage wireless connections remove all the existing connections and reconnect to the UPC once again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 FVC

There seems to be a known issue with Vista switching Private Networks back to Public

Any ideas as I can't seem to find a solution

Thanks

Advertisement