Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPod ShoutCast App

• 23-08-2009 9:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭

I am trying to use the Shoutcast App on my iPod touch.
    I cant seem to find Phantom in the list of stations.

Anyone know if Phantom FM is on this app?
    Or is there other apps that you use to listen to Phantom on your iPod Touch/iPhone ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Yes we are!

The 128K MP3 and AAC+ are available through the Shoutcast App. I have been advised by another listener that you need to ""enable high bit rate streams" on the Shoutcast application for the 128k streams to appear in the search list.

Here's how to enable high quality streams on the SHOUTcast Radio App:

1. Install the SHOUTcast Radio app from the iTunes store

2. Tap on the "Settings" icon from your home screen

3. Flick down to the "SHOUTcast" settings. Tap on the "SHOUTcast" Menu

4. Tap the switch for "Allow hi-bit streams" to ON

5. Exit out of the Settings screen by tapping on your Home button and return to the SHOUTcast App

You should now be able to play high quality SHOUTcast Radio streams over 3G or WiFi.

The MP3 stream will display "Now Playing" information.

Please let us know how you get on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

BrianD wrote: »
    ""enable high bit rate streams" on the Shoutcast application for the 128k streams to appear in the search list.
    !

Thanks Brian, that's what i was missing, i will have to check this when i get home. Handy if Phantom put this on the website as well for future numpties like me.

Ed

I am going to do that today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Good job Brian,

Its working fine now, streaming though my iPod Touch over wifi in my house.

Thanks Again

Ed

P.S Nice update on the website as well.;)

Hi, hust to clarify the "settings" referred to above. You'll find the "settings" in your main iPhone/Touch settings. Scroll down and you'll find an icon for SHOUTcast, tap and you make the changes in there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement