Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bono Boots DJ

• 23-08-2009 9:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭

DJ ATFC has accused U2 men Bono and the Edge of ordering him off the decks at French nightspot La Baoli Cannes last weekend (August 7), after he failed to switch from playing house to R&B.

Ridiculing the rock stars for looking like ‘two old dudes in shades, dancing like your dad in the VIP area’, the Defected Records producer/ DJ (aka One Phat Deeva aka Aydin) claimed he misheard the promoter’s command to switch genres, before being kicked off unceremoniously 75 minutes into his set.

“Bono always does this; he doesn't like listening to the same music all night and now wants some R&B.” Aydin said the promoter told him, “I presume you haven't got any, so I'm going to have to put my resident back on who has,” he added.

Whether the promoter was tricking him remains unclear, though Aydin told Skrufff he remained gutted about being taken off early anyway.

“I was playing straight down the line house music - nothing too out there or inappropriate - in fact, people were dancing on tables and hanging from the ceiling,” he sighed, “though I didn’t have any R&B anyway. The closest I can get to R&B in my CD wallet are house mixes of hip hop tracks - Missy Elliot, P Diddy,”

He also confessed to ‘flicking Bono a secret finger once his minder’s back was turned’ as he slunk away and sounded distinctly cross with the enormously popular popsters.

“I bought the Best Of U2 on CD once,” he confessed, “But I had to sell it on Ebay after the desire to throw myself under a train grew too powerful.” He also compared the band unfavourably to supposed bad boy dance stars the Prodigy.

“Coming back from the Winter Music Conference in Miami this year myself and Simon Dunmore from Defected were travelling upstairs on a BA flight back with The Prodigy,” said ATFC.

“There's not many seats up there so it was basically us and them so Simon and I started egging each other on to shout 'I'm a Firestarter!' in Keith’s face just as he was falling asleep.”

“We didn't though,” he added, “They're all very well spoken and polite I'm pleased to say. And I met Norris McWerter at Record Breakers once,” he concluded, “Does that count as an unusual VIP encounter?”

Source
    He also confessed to ‘flicking Bono a secret finger once his minder’s back was turned’ as he slunk away and sounded distinctly cross with the enormously popular popsters.
    Scumbag :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Sounds like they deserve each other tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A_Fitz

milltown wrote: »
    Sounds like they deserve each other tbh.

Aye, it does a bit alright, although Bono is an incomparable prick TBF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

The DJ lad sounds like he'd be worse if he had Bono's profile though.
    Reputation or not, anyone that screams in my face when I'm trying to get asleep on a plane gets lamped, simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

I ****ing hate RnB and Bono.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Hahahah i don't mind Bono that much but anyone who wants the DJ to change music just cause they don't like it, is a W@nker.

Remember when Paris Hilton tryied to kick Bob Sinclair off the decks?
    http://www.beatportal.com/feed/item/steve-angello-humiliates-paris-hilton-djs-worldwide-rejoice/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Get on your boots....your sexy boots

THAT
    MAN
    IS
    A
    TOSSER

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Zascar wrote: »
    Hahahah i don't mind Bono that much but anyone who wants the DJ to change music just cause they don't like it, is a W@nker.

Remember when Paris Hilton tryied to kick Bob Sinclair off the decks?
    http://www.beatportal.com/feed/item/steve-angello-humiliates-paris-hilton-djs-worldwide-rejoice/

Yeah it reminded me of that story. Although in this case the DJ seems to be as big a Muppet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Reminds me of the time in The Kitchin (Bono and the Edge's former club?) when that English black model demanded the DJ to play Spice Girls or some whit and he refused. Seems like house rules didn't apply in this case...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

I've said this before and I'm prepared for the feedback...

Princess Diana would demand that lady in red was played whenever she was in a club. The royal family didn't have her killed....a load of london based DJ's got together and had the bitch killed.

Regardless of ATFC being a bit of an egit, Bono is a dickhead for demanding the music to change. ATFC was on the bill and people would have payed to see him play. When beyonce and JayZ went to see U2 in New York, did they demand that U2 play some R'N'B because they were getting bored of all the U2 tracks that U2 were playing?

Don't go to a house music gig, or any other gig and then get pissed off about the music. St.Bono Shortarse. Fooking tax dodging prick is all he is. Heal the world me arse. Media whore more like.

bitch
    Harsh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Harsh

Silver spooned German tax dodger posing as english saint? Better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭francois

enda1 wrote: »
    Reminds me of the time in The Kitchin (Bono and the Edge's former club?) when that English black model demanded the DJ to play Spice Girls or some whit and he refused. Seems like house rules didn't apply in this case...

That was Aiden Kelly on the decks and the model was Naomi Campbell who wanted her utterly ****E "Swan" played, he refused, she threw a strop and he left/was kicked out after some verbals

I was resident in the Kitchen on Fridays and Bono asked could he hear The Propellor Head's History Repeating, I just told him i didnt do requests (it was a techno night after all) and that was that,

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gsparx

francois wrote: »
    That was Aiden Kelly on the decks and the model was Naomi Campbell who wanted her utterly ****E "Swan" played, he refused, she threw a strop and he left/was kicked out after some verbals

I was resident in the Kitchen on Fridays and Bono asked could he hear The Propellor Head's History Repeating, I just told him i didnt do requests (it was a techno night after all) and that was that,

Fair play for sticking to your guns, Francois. I'm sure a lot of people would have been intimidated if they saw Bono approaching, particularly in his own club!

gsparx wrote: »
    Fair play for sticking to your guns, Francois. I'm sure a lot of people would have been intimidated if they saw Bono approaching, particularly in his own club!

You obviously dont know who Francois is :rolleyes:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

You obviously dont know who Francois is :rolleyes:

:D

What was the point of the above post?

Making the point that Francois is a "Big Deal" around these parts!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

5A3ADB16FB03491D80F5E94321BC2BAC.jpg

It's a quote from Anchorman is anyone does not get it

Advertisement