Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

workplace romances

• 23-08-2009 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

just a thread to see if anyone has any good workplacee romance stories.

Whether embarrasing, unrequited, wonderful, exciting, etc.

i'll start was dating my boss's brother and i had to go to work with a hickie morto:eek:

lets hear them ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Mr Harris told me not to tell anyone....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Never ever ever dip your pen in the company ink. That's my golden rule

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

Workplace romances are generally a mistake. But normally there are so many mistakes going on that it doesn't matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Spore

Never dip your pen in the company ink

Edit: Damn you Onkle!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

brummytom wrote: »
    Mr Harris told me not to tell anyone....
    :eek:

Mr Harris told me I was special..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

phasers wrote: »
    :eek:

Mr Harris told me I was special..

That Bastárd.
    The name Mr Harris is a teacher who really had an affair with a student... the department covered it up and no one knows ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

i'm told its frowned upon

stupid rules

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

DON'T **** WHERE YOU EAT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

bleg wrote: »
    DON'T **** WHERE YOU EAT

Why would you link sh*t with romance? :confused:

Oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Take it where you can get it.. That's what I say...lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

A girl I worked with were on the same team for a few months and always got along with each other, but I wouldnt have ever tried it on as I had a brief fling with someone i worked with once and it was a disaster, so around Halloween time she was throwing a party and some people from the team were invited, it turned out I was the only one who went and we wound up chatting for hours as she didnt want me to feel uncomforable in a house full of strangers when i was there by myself, we kissed later on that night after having a ball together that evening, we'll be going out 3 years this Halloween :)

Office romances do work people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I've had several "get togethers" with colleagues. Some good, some bad and some indifferent. I cant see why you would let the fact that its a workmate get in the way.

'Tis better to have loved and lost
    Than never to have loved at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Not in good in my opinion.

Went out with someone from work for about 5 months.. he worked in different department... rarely saw him in work.. not that we are broke up (on bad terms) always see him:(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

you never wanna have a workplace romance and have it go horribly wrong. trust me on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

There are currently two relationships and one ongoing affair between the two longest serving staff and a really messed up thing where A (the man!) was in a relationship with B who worked in the company too and they had a child..C began going out with A, lots of drama, tears, angry phonecalls from B (hasn't worked for the company in 2/3 years)..B stormed off home, C loses all her friends, C gets fired for an incredibly petty offence (on her part), A is now going out with both of them...it's like a soap where I work and none of that includes what goes on on nights out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

you never wanna have a workplace romance and have it go horribly wrong. trust me on that.
    Be it workplace or not, it's always worth a go... But if it's just going to be a one night stand it could be awkward....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I prefer this analogy...
    convert wrote: »
    Workplace romances are generally a mistake. But normally there are so many mistakes going on that it doesn't matter.

to this one...
    Onkle wrote: »
    Never ever ever dip your pen in the company ink. That's my golden rule

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

You might as well get ****ed at work other than when you receive your pay packet.

With the current economy and jobs situation, I would consider it an insult if you couldn't get a little ass at work every now and again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I have done it far too many times.

But in job job it's pretty much expected that the new lad will pull a few waitresses...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭itsnotmyname

sometimes its good to live dangerously !!!:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭clinchy

just look at what happend bill clinton poor chap he learnd his lesson all the same :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Don't get your pussy/penis where you get your payslip.

Who am i kidding, i'd mount most of the girls i work with in a flash if given the oppurtunity.

Advertisement