Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short scale bouzouki?

Options
  • 23-08-2009 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

This may be a stupid question, but is a short scale bouzouki the same thing as an Octave Mandolin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

Dont quote me on it but i think the number of frets helps to decide whether its an octave mandolin or bouzouki, ive been wondering what the difference is for a long time myself so hopefully will get some definite answers on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Well I'm going to add more confusion here and ask is the difference being strung in unison or being strung in octaves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I was looking at the Freshwater site (instruments) and they say that the octave mandolin is known as a "short scale bouzouki" as well depending on whether you are in the US or the UK, and so on...

Advertisement