Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

PES demo to be downloaded when i get home
    http://www.proevonews.co.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Trilla wrote: »
    This will be the the test as to whether I take the plung and buy Fifa this year :eek: or stick with Pro Evo. There hasnt been a decent one released since Pro Evo 5. Bring back ISS and countless hours of editing the right names in :D

nicklauski wrote: »
    This will be the the test as to whether I take the plung and buy Fifa this year :eek: or stick with Pro Evo. There hasnt been a decent one released since Pro Evo 5. Bring back ISS and countless hours of editing the right names in :D

Ye, well 2009 I thought was okay. Pro Evo 6 and 2008 were rubbish, 2008 was too easy and 6, well 6 was just pure frustrating. This defo will be the test...

2009 was too easy to I thought. Give the ball to Ronaldo or Messi and let them off. Much like with Adriano in 6. Think I'll get the brother to go in and start downloading it for me before I come home from work :D

Some insane money was exchanged back in the old days through gambling with the lads playing pro evo. I once won like €180 vs one of the lads after continuously going doubles or quits :) . They however were the days when Figo & Zidane were the greats

• Advertisement

Some insane money was exchanged back in the old days through gambling with the lads playing pro evo. I once won like €180 vs one of the lads after continuously going doubles or quits :) . They however were the days when Figo & Zidane were the greats

We normally run tournaments on Good Friday before the cards takes off. Tenner a man. But then we had fees for other things. If you got a man sent off it was 2e, hattrick scored against you was 5, free kick scored was 2 and if someone scored from a corner (a header not straight in) it was two aswell. I remember Andy losing about 15 euro on one match. :D

Good times them were. :D

We normally run tournaments on Good Friday before the cards takes off. Tenner a man. But then we had fees for other things. If you got a man sent off it was 2e, hattrick scored against you was 5, free kick scored was 2 and if someone scored from a corner (a header not straight in) it was two aswell. I remember Andy losing about 15 euro on one match. :D

Good times them were. :D

haha sounds good :) .

That bet in question went too far and I felt bad so picked Iran when we were at €60 being nice ( ;) ) but I demanded 2-1 for myself. Al Daei and Madhaivki were fúcking legendary :) . I think I scored in the last minute too and he fúcked the joypad at the wall :D

Anyone see the Ahern writes for the News of the World advert at Dolphins barn, with him holding up the red Ahern jersey?

Someone got stickers over the Jersey name "Ahern" and replaced it with "CROOK". Looks well, funny stuff

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Anyone see the Ahern writes for the News of the World advert at Dolphins barn, with him holding up the red Ahern jersey?

Someone got stickers over the Jersey name "Ahern" and replaced it with "CROOK". Looks well, funny stuff

LOL,thats class.I would love to see a pic of that.

I have it downloaded. gonna lash it out of it when I get in. I havent got my hopes up from a review I read, it's meant to be sh1te. But I'll judge when I play it.

• Advertisement

Karma...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,710 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

what goes around comes around

I have it downloaded. gonna lash it out of it when I get in. I havent got my hopes up from a review I read, it's meant to be sh1te. But I'll judge when I play it.

ye its not great

ye its not great

not great ffs

I miss playing a good pes game :(

Headshot wrote: »
    not great ffs

I miss playing a good pes game :(

Thing is FIFA isnt that great either :-(

Thing is FIFA isnt that great either :-(

never liked FIFA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

never liked FIFA

People really need to get rid of the whole fifa stigma. 09 was an excellent game and the 2010 demo seems to have made a few nice adjustments too. It's kinda like the opposite of in the past when all the fifa fanboys wouldn't play pes despite it clearly being the better, more realistic simulation of the game.

playa3 wrote: »
    People really need to get rid of the whole fifa stigma. 09 was an excellent game and the 2010 demo seems to have made a few nice adjustments too. It's kinda like the opposite of in the past when all the fifa fanboys wouldn't play pes despite it clearly being the better, more realistic simulation of the game.

mate I just dont like fifa

i give every season a chance but it never really pulls me in ya know

mate I just dont like fifa

i give every season a chance but it never really pulls me in ya know

Fair enough then, at least you're giving them a shot. Took me a while to get into it and it really grew on me, still kinda wish PES could bring it back to the glory days all the same:(

playa3 wrote: »

I dont see it, I downloaded both and I think neither are great. The amount of times the keeper parrys the ball back into the strikers path in the fifa demo. Feels way too cinematic and americanized also, if yee get me

Pro evo, worse imo. Can't put my finger on it but just didnt do it for me at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Fanboy here, ISS/PES has always, and will forever more pwn FIFA, its just the way it is.

Kudos to FIFAs indoor football though, good for a laugh.

I dont see it, I downloaded both and I think neither are great. The amount of times the keeper parrys the ball back into the strikers path in the fifa demo. Feels way too cinematic and americanized also, if yee get me

Pro evo, worse imo. Can't put my finger on it but just didnt do it for me at all.

I do agree with the parrying alright, though imo it's worse in PES(well it was in 09 anyway). They seem to think it'll create a more dramatic game if the keeper drops any shot that doesnt come straight into his arms.

Still i would encourage giving fifa a few more goes if possible. The passing is a lot more zippier this year and you seem to have more freedom in your close control than before.

Kudos to FIFAs indoor football though, good for a laugh.

Yeah the indoor was great. Some year now they're gonna announce it as a revolutionary new feature:rolleyes:

Jesus how disappointing has Pro Evo got. I tried the demo and I have to say being a PES fan since the Super Nintendo, Konami can go and fcuk off. If anything the game has gotten worse. Im like Headshot, I was never really a Fifa fan, but this year has changed all that.
    After playing the PES demo, I went straight back to the fifa demo, where as over the years it was the other way around.

I know they were only demo's but at least fifa had commentary in it. And the announcer says the players name & number when he scores. I think in PES the crowd just stays the same volume no matter what happens.

I think I'll be buying FIFA this year. (Jesus I never thought I'd hear myself say that!)

And as for that karma video! Class. Say he felt like some tool :D

folks I keep seeing signs up about the lisbon treaty

saying a yes vote is for more jobs

what jobs can the lisbon treaty bring ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

blow?

Sherifu wrote: »
    blow?

Ill get your coat and the door

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I used to only buy PES too, but I honestly believe Fifa 09 is the best football game ever made, and the 10v10 is great if you’re not playing with idiots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

folks I keep seeing signs up about the lisbon treaty

saying a yes vote is for more jobs

tbh advertisement for both sides are a joke. The Yes side making blanket claims like more jobs etc. and the No side with their scaremongering tactics and making ridiculous claims like '€1.84 minimum wage and such'

This post is well worth the read

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    tbh advertisement for both sides are a joke. The Yes side making blanket claims like more jobs etc. and the No side with their scaremongering tactics and making ridiculous claims like '€1.84 minimum wage and such'

This post is well worth the read

I want to vote no but I am sick and tired of the pro-lifers & Sinn Féin & everything they stand for. COIR & Erin Go Bráth included. Id love to know their agenda's. There support reflects poorly on a No vote & that's even before you take Declan Ganley & his gang of merceneries into the equation.

Then on the flip side you have a yes vote & a vote for a faultering government. Fianna Fail have been in power for far to long & it's time for a change. This country have been govern to the state we're in now & they have to answer for it. The fact their still in power & trying to fix there wrongs is scandalous. NAMA is bailing out every land developer who lived the high life for 15 years - the same high life the current government have lived. Also the fact the Green Party is part of this Government is a further endorsment for change. The people voted them in but Fianna Fail have used them - they have no voice & can't represent the people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Jesus how disappointing has Pro Evo got. I tried the demo and I have to say being a PES fan since the Super Nintendo, Konami can go and fcuk off...

If you the ISS fan you claim then you'd know full well that it takes time to get into each version to savour its subtleties, a demo isn't the be all and end all.

As for Lisbon, our corrupt gombeen elite have lost all authority. A No vote is the only way to get rid of these chancers, domestic issues triumph european ones.

If you the ISS fan you claim then you'd know full well that it takes time to get into each version to savour its subtleties, a demo isn't the be all and end all.

What subtleties? It is no improvement on last years. They have steadily gone backwards for the last few years. It's only now that Im sick of there crap and have finally noticed it.

Every year they claim to have the online issue sorted, but do they ever? No. :mad:
    Simple fact is Konami are happy to keep taking peoples money without doing anything to improve the game they put out.

Maybe it's just time for a change for me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Anyone see the IT Crowd, f'ing brilliant, one of the funniest episodes of a tv show ive seen in ages :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

curry-muff wrote: »
    Anyone see the IT Crowd, f'ing brilliant, one of the funniest episodes of a tv show ive seen in ages :pac:

" I'm disabled " :D

I used to watch this,what station/time is it on at..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Dub13 wrote: »
    I used to watch this,what station/time is it on at..?
    It was on C4 last night after Peep Show, 10:30. Probably be repeated over the weekend on E4.

Speaking of C4, anyone stick to their chair?

• Advertisement

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    It was on C4 last night after Peep Show, 10:30. Probably be repeated over the weekend on E4.

Nope lol, I don't know anyone personally that did?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

Nope :(
    I'm a huge fan of Derren's, i think i was too used to trying to work out what he's doing to just relax and go with the flow. Anybody spot the picture of the man tied to a chair? At least i think that's what it was, it flashed up on the screen a few times.

That IT crowd was gas. ''i'm dissabled'' - i was dying laughing.

Anyone else watching Lord Of The Rings on Channel 4 right now, epic film :)

Anyone staying up to watch the mayweather fight? Gona be a cracker :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Anyone staying up to watch the mayweather fight? Gona be a cracker :D

I plan to, his fight probably wont be on till like 4am though as far as i know. any idea what the undercard is like?

• Advertisement

Chris John vs. Rocky Juarez, rematch, 12 rounds, for WBA featherweight title;

Vicente Escobedo vs. Michael Katsidis, 12 rounds, for vacant interim WBO lightweight title;

Cornelius Lock vs. Orlando Cruz, 10 rounds,

Erislandy Lara vs. TBA, 10 rounds, junior middleweights;

Jesse Vargas vs. Raul Tovar, 6 rounds

Dion Savage vs. Loren Myers, 6 rounds

Said Ouali vs. TBA, 8 rounds

Michael Perez vs. Richard Ellis, 4 rounds, lightweight

Thats the full undercard but im sure they will only show the top two

Chris John vs. Rocky Juarez, rematch, 12 rounds, for WBA featherweight title;

Vicente Escobedo vs. Michael Katsidis, 12 rounds, for vacant interim WBO lightweight title;

Cornelius Lock vs. Orlando Cruz, 10 rounds,

Erislandy Lara vs. TBA, 10 rounds, junior middleweights;

Jesse Vargas vs. Raul Tovar, 6 rounds

Dion Savage vs. Loren Myers, 6 rounds

Said Ouali vs. TBA, 8 rounds

Michael Perez vs. Richard Ellis, 4 rounds, lightweight

Thats the full undercard but im sure they will only show the top two

well its scheduled for up to 3hrs on Sky Sports although perhaps they are showing uk fights first i dunno.

and ill admit the two main events are the only ones i know much about and imo they should be awesome

Few of the results are in:

Said Ouali vs. Francisco Rios, 8 rounds
    Ouali 2nd Round TKO

Erislandy Lara vs. Jose Varela
    Lara 1st Round KO

Jesse Vargas vs. Raul Tovar
    Vargas 6th Round Unanimous

Michael Perez vs. Richard Ellis
    Perez Unanimous

Dion Savage vs. Loren Myers
    Savage Second Round KO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I'm also staying up for it.:D
    Really looking forward to it.

Same. Only 4 beers left :(

full bottle of whiskey here :) but im sharing it :(

Mayweather FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I've only 2 and a half, just 2.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Miap

Gonna try stay up but have a bottle of wine for company already finished one so may fall asleep before fight......must hit record now just in case!:pac:

I hate Mayweather with a passion, but he is a great techincal boxer, hope he gets knocked out, but realistically i see this going down as a Mayweather points win :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement