Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Anyone try out LA Noire, looks quite epic. Considering buying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Smegball wrote: »
    Anyone try out LA Noire, looks quite epic. Considering buying it.

It's excellent. It's not like GTA at all even though it is made by the same developers.

It's quite a slow and methodical storyline/gameplay but it is excellent.

The facial recognition that is used in the game is just mind blowing. A definite must have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

That_Guy wrote: »
    It's excellent. It's not like GTA at all even though it is made by the same developers.

It's quite a slow and methodical storyline/gameplay but it is excellent.

The facial recognition that is used in the game is just mind blowing. A definite must have.

Possibly sounds like a rental, looks spectacular alright.

I never got round to playing Red Dead Redemption either, I'm sure it would be highly recommended aswell.

Smegball wrote: »
    Possibly sounds like a rental, looks spectacular alright.

I never got round to playing Red Dead Redemption either, I'm sure it would be highly recommended aswell.

I was a very late comer to Red Dead Redemption. So late in fact that I bought it and it's still sitting on my shelf unopened. Just had way too much stuff to review and got sidetracked.

And then LA Noire came out and Duke Nukem is set to come out soon. I long for the lull in games coming out so I can finally finish get started on my back catalogue . :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Red Dead Redemption is quality. Absolutely brilliant.

Enjoying LA Noire so far but haven't been able to sink enough time into it. Zero plans for tonight though so hoping to get past the Homicide desk at least.

I'll do a case of LA Noire tonight but I reckon I'll give Crysis 2 my full attention tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I'll do a case of LA Noire tonight but I reckon I'll give Crysis 2 my full attention tonight.
    Looking for new game for PS3 any recommendations?

Also anyone watching NBA playoffs? The Heat are just one match away from the final now Bulls have faded so badly, Great to see both Celtics and Lakers out though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I really wanna go out and buy LA Noire now :(

Also anyone watching NBA playoffs? The Heat are just one match away from the final now Bulls have faded so badly, Great to see both Celtics and Lakers out though.

What kind of games are you into mate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Id recommend NBA2K11, my player mode is unbelievable.

• Advertisement

Eduardo's remembered a thing or two van Persie showed him...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Would have preferred the Lakers to get to the Finals but not to be this year. As has been said, they need pace in that team.

Dallas will lose to either Heat or Bulls. Looking very likely to be the Heat at this stage.

Not writing off the Bulls yet. Would love to see them in the Finals. Hopefully home advantage in the next game will spur them on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Frisbee wrote: »
    Red Dead Redemption is quality. Absolutely brilliant.

Found it to repetitive, open spaces etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Anybody know good security extensions for Firefox. Got a keylogger today and plus a really good anti-virus.

What kind of games are you into mate?
    Metal Gear solid was one of my favourites,Games with a bit of a story to them but I'll play anything really :)

Space Jam is on ITV :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Space Jam is on ITV :pac:

I love you.

F**k Santos v Cerro. Space Jam FTFW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Space jam <3

Cheers Ivy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Le King wrote: »
    Anybody know good security extensions for Firefox. Got a keylogger today and plus a really good anti-virus.

Personally I don't have any security extensions installed with Firefox as I only just upgraded to version 4 and haven't even looked.

I'd recommend Avast antivirus and Malwarebytes - both of which are free from CNET just give a quick search

• Advertisement

Metal Gear solid was one of my favourites,Games with a bit of a story to them but I'll play anything really :)

When the PSN comes back up an absolute MUST buy game is this:

I got it to review but I think it's about a tenner and it is amazing.

And if you've not played it yet, Batman: Arkham Asylum is essential gaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭CharlesHaughey

What does everybody else think about the new chick on SSN? She's on ATM, revealing pink top on and blonde hair :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Charlotte Jackson's her name.
    She's a babe and a half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

whats with this crap that is doin the rounds "the awkward moment when <insert anything here>" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Chnandler Bong

^^^^ The awkward moment when a fat girl says she's fat?

Whats to get about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭CharlesHaughey

ronaldoug.jpg

I was on google maps there, and decided to completely randomly drop the street marker on Sao Paulo, way above it. Now Sao Paulo is huge, but when I got down to street view I decided to just head towards the city center.

Look at what I saw after I literally went 4 direction away from where the street marker landed :D

(direct link http://maps.google.ie/maps?hl=en&q=chapel+bell+road,+lafayette&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Bell+Chapel+Rd,+La+Fayette,+Chambers,+Alabama+36862,+United+States&ll=-23.609189,-46.510344&spn=1.945342,5.059204&t=h&z=9&layer=c&cbll=-23.609189,-46.510344&panoid=kPIR5xT5hAqzoQ88OUGTQg&cbp=12,20.36,,0,5.47)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The Mexican one is the real deal!

Getting LA Noire in half an hour. Something to keep me occupied 'til the matches start tomorrow!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Ads for Tom Tom, that one with O Gara in it is hilarious, he has a career in singing when he retires:pac:

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

mars bar wrote: »
    The Mexican one is the real deal!

in descending order..:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Everything about that 2002 world cup was special! Loved the ball used

Korea/Japan was a great ball. Indestructible, I think I still have it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Anybody know how one could track down the owner and address of a vehicle just from it's license plate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Anybody know how one could track down the owner and address of a vehicle just from it's license plate?

Do you know any guards? They should be able to track it down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Tom_Brady wrote: »

just on this, was in London yesterday and after the match saw some taxi hit a parked car on the side of the road and just drive off without flinching. Caught the reg plate myself - leaving a note on windscreen is enough here right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

baz2009 wrote: »
    Getting LA Noire in half an hour. Something to keep me occupied 'til the matches start tomorrow!:D

Is it any good? Heard some good things, i don't play many games any more but might rent it to keep me entertained for the week.

Mark! wrote: »
    Is it any good? Heard some good things, i don't play many games any more but might rent it to keep me entertained for the week.

It's good. I thought it would be much better, tbh. It's shocking easy so far. I've only died on kamikaze runs for the craic. It's a bit tedious too, every different case follows the same pattern. Hoping it gets better as I'd say I've only scratched the surface so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Mark! wrote: »
    It's good. I thought it would be much better, tbh. It's shocking easy so far. I've only died on kamikaze runs for the craic. It's a bit tedious too, every different case follows the same pattern. Hoping it gets better as I'd say I've only scratched the surface so far!

I thought he was on about coffee :pac:

Finished LA Noire on Friday. Towards then end I was just sick of it. Got really repetitive and I was just going through the motions as I wanted to finish it so I could trade it in at a decent price.

Good idea with a reasonable implementation but they really needed to have just a bit more variety.

Still scares the ****e out of me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Anybody following the gaacliches trending topic on Twitter?

Some of it is gas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

IvySlayer wrote: »

Still scares the ****e out of me :(

Was banned in our house cos my sisters got nightmares.

I remember some episode about some ghost girl who kept saying "I'm cold"...was actually terrifying!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Saw this over on Irishkop.com and it made me smile:

Yesterday I went along to the Snooker Legends exhibition in my home town.
    Some great names;

Jimmy White, Dennis Taylor, Kirk Stevens, Cliff Thorburn, Ken Doherty, John Parrott - and the delectable Michela Tabb.

The event was actually great fun and there was some nice snooker played. John Virgo was Emcee and Comedian.

Anyway...

At HT in the proceedings there is a raffle, the winner gets to play a frame against his choice of player.
    Number pulled out - chap wins.

He only has is own cue with him too

Virgo says; 'Whats your name mate?' (the guy wasd about 40)
    The guy; 'Terry - BUt the lads call me Tornado Terry.' (Dead Serious I must add)
    Little Chuckle from the crowd.
    Virgo; 'So. Who do you wanna play. Tornado?'
    Tornado; 'Its been my dream to play Jimmy White. Since I was a boy.' (Lad is emotional at this stage).
    Virgo; 'Well Lets go then, Tornado.'

Shakes hands with Jimmy. Jimmy Breaks.................

He pots a red from the break - and makes a Maximum 147!!!!

Terry never left his seat.

Just saw this on Facebook.
    Your momma's so fat she looks up the cheats for Wii Fit

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

The weird Salad Fingers is back! Used to watch this about 5 years ago and thinking wtf is going on. It has somehow got even weirder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I was watching 101 East on Al Jazeera News last night. Wonderful episode about mental healthcare in India and how little the people there know about it.
    It can probably be viewed here later on today, they usually upload it to their site and to youtube in full. Well worth a watch.

Krishnan Narayanan is a true hero for the work he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,707 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Just finished watching "The Fighter"

Brilliant movie, Christian Bale was just epic in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Dub13 wrote: »
    Saw this over on Irishkop.com and it made me smile:

Yesterday I went along to the Snooker Legends exhibition in my home town.
    Some great names;

Jimmy White, Dennis Taylor, Kirk Stevens, Cliff Thorburn, Ken Doherty, John Parrott - and the delectable Michela Tabb.

The event was actually great fun and there was some nice snooker played. John Virgo was Emcee and Comedian.

Anyway...

At HT in the proceedings there is a raffle, the winner gets to play a frame against his choice of player.
    Number pulled out - chap wins.

He only has is own cue with him too

Virgo says; 'Whats your name mate?' (the guy wasd about 40)
    The guy; 'Terry - BUt the lads call me Tornado Terry.' (Dead Serious I must add)
    Little Chuckle from the crowd.
    Virgo; 'So. Who do you wanna play. Tornado?'
    Tornado; 'Its been my dream to play Jimmy White. Since I was a boy.' (Lad is emotional at this stage).
    Virgo; 'Well Lets go then, Tornado.'

Shakes hands with Jimmy. Jimmy Breaks.................

He pots a red from the break - and makes a Maximum 147!!!!

Terry never left his seat.

Tornado is going to be living off that story in his local for the rest of his life. Brilliant.:pac:

Headshot wrote: »
    Just finished watching "The Fighter"

Brilliant movie, Christian Bale was just epic in it

One of my favourite films. Absolutely class!

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement