Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

curry-muff wrote: »
    I hate Mayweather with a passion, but he is a great techincal boxer, hope he gets knocked out, but realistically i see this going down as a Mayweather points win :rolleyes:

He won me over when he wore a United jersey in the build up to the Hatton fight, in Manchester.:D

full bottle of whiskey here :) but im sharing it :(

Mayweather FTW

I am glad I am not THAT well equipped haha but the hat is off for you sir! Messy one last night that turned into a hangover day that turned into getting tanked half way through the Barca game so my 4 3 :p is good enough!

What time you reckon the main event is on lads? Isn't there UFC on at 4ish too on ESPN with Krocop fighting?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I hate Mayweather with a passion, but he is a great techincal boxer, hope he gets knocked out, but realistically i see this going down as a Mayweather points win :rolleyes:

i could see hating him but he has a right too be an arrogant lil bollocks imo cos he can back it up. He simply is (or was but i suspect he still is) The best imo

I like the look of the Puerto Rican for this one.

I like the look of the Puerto Rican for this one.

As Frank Drebbin said in the Naked Gun films always bet on the black guy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

I am glad I am not THAT well equipped haha but the hat is off for you sir! Messy one last night that turned into a hangover day that turned into getting tanked half way through the Barca game so my 4 3 :p is good enough!

What time you reckon the main event is on lads? Isn't there UFC on at 4ish too on ESPN with Krocop fighting?

UFC 103 is on yeah, heres the card:

Rich Franklin vs. Vitor Belfort
    Mirko Filipović vs. Junior dos Santos
    Martin Kampmann vs. Paul Daley
    Josh Koscheck vs. Frank Trigg
    Tyson Griffin vs. Hermes Franca

As Frank Drebbin said in the Naked Gun films always bet on the black guy ;)

As always, the films are right.:o

a well im celebrating that job i mentioned in the other thread, i ended up getting the one i wanted not the one i was initially offered so im getting tanked tonight
    :D

a well im celebrating that job i mentioned in the other thread, i ended up getting the one i wanted not the one i was initially offered so im getting tanked tonight
    :D

Delighted for you man! Perfect, ship out! :)

Jaysus the end of that last round was good !

• Advertisement

Delighted for you man! Perfect, ship out! :)

Jaysus the end of that last round was good !

cheers man.

hope they keep it up my bro just got home and im trying to convince him we should watche the build up fights also.

anyone actually know what time the main event is expected at?

cheers man.

hope they keep it up my bro just got home and im trying to convince him we should watche the build up fights also.

anyone actually know what time the main event is expected at?

Man if the rest are anything like this fight it's worth watching. Don't know who is going to win this at all!

I am drinking these beers anyway till the main event and if those aren't enough there will be a liquour hunt :por coffee

EDIT : Frank Drebbin is always right! :rolleyes: :)

Man if the rest are anything like this fight it's worth watching. Don't know who is going to win this at all!

I am drinking these beers anyway till the main event and if those aren't enough there will be a liquour hunt :por coffee

EDIT : Frank Drebbin is always right! :rolleyes: :)

yep hope they keep up like this...

Katsidis fight now? is there other fights before mayweather? I had assumed that the two biggest fights would be last

I assume Chris John vs. Rocky Juarez will be next, its been hyped up a lot recently, should be a good fight too, but to be honest id probably prefer 2 quick knockouts so we can get to the main event :p Cant wait to see Triple H accompany Mayweather to the ring, i presume it will feel sorta odd :pac:

I assume Chris John vs. Rocky Juarez will be next, its been hyped up a lot recently, should be a good fight too, but to be honest id probably prefer 2 quick knockouts so we can get to the main event :p Cant wait to see Triple H accompany Mayweather to the ring, i presume it will feel sorta odd :pac:

haha i mod the PW forum and i didnt even know that HHH was doing that

haha i mod the PW forum and i didnt even know that HHH was doing that

tut tut :p

Down to 2 beers. Fúck sake

• Advertisement

tut tut :p

Down to 2 beers. Fúck sake

i think someone mentioned it ages ago but i completely forgot, someone just posted Buffer introducing HHH at the weigh-in yesterday on the PW forum (youtube).

Argh stream went down, anyone else too cheap for sky wana supply me with a link or sopcast channel?

Argh stream went down, anyone else too cheap for sky wana supply me with a link or sopcast channel?

im watching on SS

but one of these will sort you out id say
    http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=50055&part=sports

Getting tired............. :(

Come on ffs !

Getting tired............. :(

Come on ffs !

still wide awake, however, I want my main event already too

• Advertisement

What a fight that was between John and Juarez
    One of the judges scored it 119-109 though, thats a shockingly bad judgement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

What a fight that was between John and Juarez
    One of the judges scored it 119-109 though, thats a shockingly bad judgement
    He's setting himself up to cheat and help Mayweather win.

Mayweather gaining confidence. loved the lil smile after he got hit and right before he knocked him to the ground

That fight was pretty much
    televised rape

That fight was pretty much
    televised rape

hahaha yup, how dare they take the mic away from him... classic

Total rape.

Bed, night folks.

I hate Mayweather with a passion, but he is a great techincal boxer, hope he gets knocked out, but realistically
    i see this going down as a Mayweather points win
    :rolleyes:

I should go into the prediction business, thats the fight and the last two united games, pity that can never happen when i have money on it :mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Morrning all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Lo there.

The Apprentice starts back tonight on TV3,I have to say I got into it last year and it was great TV.I am looking forward to this years one I just hope its up to the same standard as last years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,710 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Dub13 wrote: »
    The Apprentice starts back tonight on TV3,I have to say I got into it last year and it was great TV.I am looking forward to this years one I just hope its up to the same standard as last years.

cheers Dub

ill sky plus that

Yea cant beat the sky plus,I only watch sport live now nothing else you save loads of time skipping the adds.

Yea cant beat the sky plus,I only watch sport live now nothing else you save loads of time skipping the adds.

same as myself

sky plus is one of best entertainment inventions for a long time

some nice women in there

Headshot wrote: »
    some nice women in there

I am playing a bit of Poker,I will watch it later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Never mind The Apprentice, Fringe is back. Swweeeettt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Turkish delight flavoured hot chocolate mmmm

Smegball wrote: »
    Turkish delight

sick.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

sick.jpg

Hahaha, seems to be the marmite of the sweets business.

Personally I love it but I know alot of people who despise it.

• Advertisement

Smegball wrote: »
    Hahaha, seems to be the marmite of the sweets business.

Personally I love it but I know alot of people who despise it.

sounds right a know quite a few who love the stuff but atleast as many who just think its plain wrong.

that fella on the apprentice just doesent seem as imposing as Alan Sugar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Turkish Delight = Bleeugh.

Enjoyed the Apprentice I have to say. Yer man with the squinty eyes looks like he'll lose the ceann to an epic degree at some stage. And yer wan with the loudspeaker looks like a total fruitcake.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Absolutely love The Apprentice(UK Version) but could not get into the Irish version, just wasn't the same, that said might give the Irish one another go, anyone know if they are repeating tonights episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Along the same sort of lines as the apprentice, has anyone watched "a design for life" on bbc2 ? second episode aired last night, basically young product designers battle for a 6 month contract with Phillipe Starck the nutty French designer.
    Its an interesting alternative to Apprentice, and a good insight into the off the wall thinking that is necessary sometimes to get to the solution. And of course for tv purposes it has its own share of people that are tossers that you want to see lose!

I was just looking at a few YouTube clips of this Thai lad Dunne is fighting on Saturday,he looks good very good.

Apparently loads of tickets left.

Happy 250th Birthday Arthur Guinness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

To Martha. :D

I hear Tom Jones, Kasbian, Kelly Rowland, Estelle, and other special Guest are playing in the city tonight.

Noel Gallagher is in the stags head apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

I hear Tom Jones, Kasbian, Kelly Rowland, Estelle, and other special Guest are playing in the city tonight.

Noel Gallagher is in the stags head apparently.

Yeah I got something n the post about today alright. I think the are all meant to be play in Vicar Street, although I could be wrong. Wouldn't be a bad night out :D

Edit : Found it. Tom Jones, Kasabian, Estelle, Sugababes, The Undertones, David Gray, Razorlight, Calvin Harris, Republic Of Loose, Reverend & The Makers and Soul II Soul......... and thats just in Dublin.

Gonna go have to get me one of these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I'm sick of people mailing, texting and saying aloud "To Arthur" or "To Martha" etc...

on another note, not really off topic when it comes to the soccer forum, but on the 122 on the way into work this morning I copped 3 Everton jerseys at 3 complete different places. Thought it a little odd. Something on this morning or last night? Are the toffees taking over the world?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement