Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread

Comments

They were drinking what looked like Sambuca at the start of that. I fúcking hate you :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Na HS this cheers me up every time. :)

'Where the Hell is Matt' cheers me up to no end :)

Dave! wrote: »

I actually enjoyed that!

Those seals looked pissed off haha!

Headshot wrote: »
    I thought only videos of people getting stabbed would only cheer you up ;)

WTF!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Just started watching Dexter there this week, what a great show. I'm hooked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Im sure some of you may have seen this before, i hadnt, had me in plucking stitches.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80705666/

daithijjj wrote: »
    Im sure some of you may have seen this before, i hadnt, had me in plucking stitches.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80705666/

LOL

Very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

so thoughts on fifa 10 folks ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

so thoughts on fifa 10 folks ?
    The best football game ever! Haven't played online yet but people are saying that the online is laggy. I really hope this isn't true. I'm gonna play a few online later and see what its like, but anyway my favorite football game of all time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Getting it today ... seriously can't wait. Reviews everywhere saying it's the best football game ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

It's very similar to FIFA 09 IMO... Certainly the demo was anyway !

i am disappointed with the graphics

they look very dated imo

Loved the graphics last year, if they're the same I'll be happy.

Just reading some reviews, the goalkeepers are supposed to have a cool new set up this year, better more realistic reactions and so on. Plus impact updates, collisions between players look far better and the stronger or quicker players win out depending on the situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

very good game, keepers and defending are an abomination at times though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

much different to the demo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Dave! wrote: »

2nd one is class aswell, jammy bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Loved the graphics last year, if they're the same I'll be happy.

Just reading some reviews, the goalkeepers are supposed to have a cool new set up this year, better more realistic reactions and so on. Plus impact updates, collisions between players look far better and the stronger or quicker players win out depending on the situation.

What are the most reliable gaming sites in terms of reviews?

Smegball wrote: »
    What are the most reliable gaming sites in terms of reviews?
    I was referring to some football bloggers, not gaming sites. I think there's a few on Soccerlens.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

It's the best football game I've ever played. The movements in it are deadly and everything looks so realistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Petr Cech made an amazing save for me last night, such a late reaction as in real life cause he seen it late.

Loving the game, very enjoyable because it's so free flowing.

• Advertisement

Absolutely fantastic.

The players are so realistic, especially the Barca players. Same can't be said for Liverpool players though, Lucas doesn't look like the legend himself at all! Also, Voronin at 80??? While Insua is 73.

Benayoun seems to be really fluid to play with, him and his little ballet legs.

Top, top quality game.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Morrning all.

Cross-dressing cage fighters V Thugs

Ha ha check this out...

TWO yobs have appeared in court after starting a fight with Spiderman — and getting knocked out by two cross-dressers.

Dean Jonathan Gardner, aged 19, and Jason Andrew Fender, aged 22, were arrested following two separate incidents in The Kingsway which took place just moments apart in the early hours of August 30.

But they picked the wrong victims on this occasion after being floored by two cross-dressers who are believed to have been cage fighters on a night out.
    Police confronted Gardner and Fender, both of Llanerch Road, Bonymaen, nursing their injuries after identifying the unemployed pair from CCTV pictures which showed them fighting with people queuing outside the Escape club

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Top, top quality game.

Become a pro as a striker seems to be tough enough, imo

Trilla wrote: »
    Become a pro as a striker seems to be tough enough, imo

that's what im doing atm

finding it hard, but i just came the reserves captain but got bloody injured and out for 2 games,set me back a bit

that's what im doing atm

finding it hard, but i just came the reserves captain but got bloody injured and out for 2 games,set me back a bit

I take it cas I selected Bohs I got straight into the first team? or is the reserves I'm playing in (couldnt be though they're first team member names)?

Got 1 goal in 3 games, average rating is 7.5, havent got all my achievments for a single game yet though

I take it cas I selected Bohs I got straight into the first team? or is the reserves I'm playing in (couldnt be though they're first team member names)?

Got 1 goal in 3 games, average rating is 7.5, havent got all my achievments for a single game yet though

im in the man utd reserves and getting an average of 7.5, im scoring goals alright but i cant do any skill yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Has FIFA taken over Pro Evo or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

RasTa wrote: »

Aparently so!

Friend of mine just bought a PS3 and FIFA after years of Pro Evo. Says its savage.

The last two pro evos have been weird anyway.

• Advertisement

Friend of mine just bought a PS3 and FIFA after years of Pro Evo. Says its savage.

Savage - no. Very good game - yes. For 35 quid you can't go wrong. Plus if Pro Evo 2010 improves greatly over the demo they released, you can trade in you're Fifa for 30 quid in gamestop and grab the new pro evo.

I had 5 sausage rolls this morning, work free breakfast. Regretting it now big time

RasTa wrote: »

They took a LOAD of their developers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hey Headshot.

There's a call for you, nine posts ago wants it's content back.

Des wrote: »
    Hey Headshot.

There's a call for you, nine posts ago wants it's content back.

Sure does ;)

Sure does ;)

is it just a blonde wig you have Kag ? :p

They took a LOAD of their developers.

Any link to this? Would be interested to read it.

• Advertisement

is it just a blonde wig you have Kag ? :p

Now I wouldn't be a pool fan without one of these now would I Headshot? :)

scouse-wig-tash-set-334-p.jpg

Dub13 wrote: »
    In Treatment.

This is HBOs latest offering,its meant to be the best thing out of the US in years.It starts next Monday night on Sky Arts I just set my sky plus to record it.I am looking forward two this one as I have been reading about it for some time.

I have seen the first couple of these now and its not bad,the script would want to be very strong if its just going to be two people talking in a room every show.But I like what I have seen so far.

Dub13 wrote: »
    I have seen the first couple of these now and its not bad,the script would want to be very strong if its just going to be two people talking in a room every show.But I like what I have seen so far.

Same as. It's good but some of the characters can be really irratating. I've kinda left it go though cos Fringe and Dexter are back...whoot!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Check out this headline...

link

any fringe fans here

new series started on sky on sunday

im also enjoying stargate Universe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

SGU has started brightly Headshot.

Sherifu wrote: »
    SGU has started brightly Headshot.

ya really has

the man who plays Rush (Robert Carlyle) is fine actor, i saw him during the adverts talking about SGU and i knew i had to watch it

F'ucking Halo ODST waaaaay toooo short

F'ucking Halo ODST waaaaay toooo short

Never played it but i heard it was short alright

i havent played with my xbox for months and months,last time was when the new resi game came out

my new ps3 slim is busy these days with fifa and soon to be uncharted 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

:eek:

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/weird/Woman-Severely-Injured-in-Sex-ToyPower-Tool-Encounter.html
    Woman Injured in Power Tool Sex Toy Encounter
    By MATTHEW STABLEY

LEXINGTON PARK, Md. -- Some sexual experimentation landed a southern Maryland woman in a hospital with injuries tough to imagine and even more difficult to forget.

Maryland State Police airlifted the 27-year-old woman to Prince George's County Hospital Center early Sunday morning after she was injured in an incident involving a sex toy attached to a saber saw blade, TheBayNet.com first reported.

The man who called 911 about the incident admitted attaching the sex toy to the saw and then using the high-powered, homemade device on his partner, according to the St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office.

The saw cut through the plastic toy and wounded the woman, according to TheBayNet.com. The injuries were severe enough for medevac, but the woman was released from the hospital Monday and is recovering from her unusual injuries.

Investigators talked to the woman, who told them she suffered the injuries during a consensual act and that she and her partner were trying something new and no crime was committed, the sheriff's office said.

my new ps3 slim is busy these days with fifa and soon to be uncharted 2

Scored on my debut for the Irish reserves (B team) on be a pro, have 4 goals in 10 games for Bohs. Not a great record but I'm getting there. Was tough to get into

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

is the PS3 better than the X-Box 360?

Mr Alan wrote: »

for me I prefer my ps3 but it all depends on the gamer

why i like my ps3 because its quiet, plays blu-rays, psn is free and the games are great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

pretty much the same graphics wise, PS3 has a blue ray player, xbox has better online but you have to pay for it. All my friends have 360s and it's great being able to talk to them over the network. Not really much difference games wise but Gears of War and Halo are pretty good games that only come out on the xbox.

well some 360s are noisy, and like Headshot said plays blu rays etc

But it seems much of a muchness after that imo, apart from online. I prefer it as long as it doesnt get the ring of death! Think there is PS equivalent of that though, the orange light????

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement