Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Best of luck:)
    Finished all mine but may be called into the external tomorrow so reading over bits n' pieces....... So nervous!!

Thanks.:)
    If you do get called in, best of luck with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

This is pretty awesome. Guy's testimonial, he gets subbed off for his 5 year old son who they then let score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Frisbee wrote: »
    This is pretty awesome. Guy's testimonial, he gets subbed off for his 5 year old son who they then let score.

Man City have put forward a 35 million pound bid.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Finished my finals, absolutely delighted :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Finished my exams tomorrow, can't wait, its depressing seeing everyone else finished. Then flying on a J1 next tuesday.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Finished my finals, absolutely delighted :)
    Got an interview next week as well now, everything's looking up :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Got an interview next week as well now, everything's looking up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

If you have an iPhone you have got to get the score! classic goals app.
    You have to recreate classic international goals by swiping the passes and shots.
    It's the greatest 79c I've ever spent.
    Not sure if it's on Android.

Shame there's no Irish goals on it,would have been nice to see Ronnie Whelans v USSR or Ray Houghton v England thrown in,still it's great craic bending in that Roberto Carlos free. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

My local Spar has run out of Mars ice-cream :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Photo of the year surely!!!!!

575063_10150842777077123_86236072122_9916026_495076447_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

We should all go to a massive field where there are tones of pitches, split everyone up in teams and have an 11 a side tournament until there are 2 teams left, hire a woman to cook us all a massive BBQ and a few drinks

I'm already going to be at the phoenix park all day :D

Me fecking neck is red :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

We should all go to a massive field where there are tones of pitches, split everyone up in teams and have an 11 a side tournament until there are 2 teams left, hire a woman to cook us all a massive BBQ and a few drinks
    There is no way I am trusting a woman to run my barbeque. Grr, man cook meat with flame....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Thanks.:)
    If you do get called in, best of luck with it.

I was called in to see the external. He was absolutely lovely. I saw him on Thursday and then on Friday I was awarded a 1.1 degree so was chuffed:D

Just about to nod off to sleep, went to close my window, A MASSIVE INSECT FLEW IN!!

It circled the room, then settled on the lampshade....off course I was too busy running out of my room screaming like a little girl.

I had few options 1) Get my dad, nah he was asleep! 2) Get the cat, that thing loves to kill insects, nowhere to be seen though or 3) Be a man and deal with it myself...So armed with a towel around my head, a tennis racket and a can of raid, I re-entered my room and sprayed the fucker. No success. After ignoring half the spraycan it flew onto my bed. BOOM! I dived onto it and caught it in the towel!

After a furious struggle (may not of happened) I transported the beast wrapped in the towel and threw it out the back, where it limped away, hopefully to tell its mates NEVER to enter my house again :mad:

Seriously though, this thing was HUGE. Reckon it was a queen bee! Now I can't sleep, I feel like something is crawling on my skin all the time!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

WTF?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2150585/Naked-man-shot-dead-police-chewed-mans-face-leaving-victim-fighting-life.html
    Naked man shot dead by police as he chewed victim's face off by side of freeway

The moment police shot a naked man to death as he chewed the face off another man has been caught on CCTV.

Images show the legs of two men lying beneath a freeway underpass in Miami when a police car arrives on the scene.

Police shot the man thinking it would end the attack, but the aggressor continued to bite his victim prompting authorities to fire at least half a dozen shots until he died.

The man is fighting for his life in a nearby hospital after suffering critical injuries in the savage attack.
    Neither the naked man nor the victim have been identified.
    A woman notified a police officer nearby that she had seen two men fighting, witnesses told The Miami Herald.

A series of gunshots were heard at the off-ramp of the MacArthur Causeway along North 13th Street.
    When the officer located the men, the aggressive naked male was in the process of chewing the victim, who was also not wearing any clothes, the Herald reported.
    The officer demanded that the naked man stop what he was doing

But when he refused to listen and continued to feast on the victim, the officer shot him, according to the newspaper.
    Despite suffering a bullet wound, the naked man would not stop so the officer fired about six more shots.

In that barrage of gunfire, the naked man was killed, collapsing face-down on the pedestrian walkway right by the Herald's parking garage.
    Javier Ortiz, a police spokesman, said that based on information he's received, the officer who fired the shots 'is a hero and saved a life'.

The victim was transported to Jackson Memorial Hospital Ryder Trauma Center and is said to be suffering from massive injuries.

Very little is known about the circumstances leading up to the attack, but police have speculated that the victim may have been homeless.

Witness Larry Vega told Local 10: 'I stopped a City of Miami police officer and informed him that a homeless man was killing another person by biting and ripping his face to death.'
    'The police officer confronted the aggressor, and he was like a rabid dog and confronted the officer. Then the officer shot the person four times,' he continued.

There were no weapons found near the two naked men, leading them to believe that the attacker used his own strength to subdue his victim.
    'There are other ways to injure people,' Sergeant Altarr William told The Herald.
    'Some people know martial arts, others are very strong and can kill you with their hands
    .'

No tests have been done to prove this, but police have also stated that they think the attacker was likely suffering from a 'cocaine psychosis', side effects from the drug which raise the body's temperature and prompts the individual to strip.

MacArthur Causeway is a major route that connects downtown Miami to popular South Beach.
    Traffic clogged the area for hours as people used the route to descend into South Beach for Urban Beach Week, an annual festival dedicated to hip-hop music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

Des wrote: »
    WTF?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2150585/Naked-man-shot-dead-police-chewed-mans-face-leaving-victim-fighting-life.html
    Naked man shot dead by police as he chewed victim's face off by side of freeway

The moment police shot a naked man to death as he chewed the face off another man has been caught on CCTV.

Images show the legs of two men lying beneath a freeway underpass in Miami when a police car arrives on the scene.

Police shot the man thinking it would end the attack, but the aggressor continued to bite his victim prompting authorities to fire at least half a dozen shots until he died.

The man is fighting for his life in a nearby hospital after suffering critical injuries in the savage attack.
    Neither the naked man nor the victim have been identified.
    A woman notified a police officer nearby that she had seen two men fighting, witnesses told The Miami Herald.

A series of gunshots were heard at the off-ramp of the MacArthur Causeway along North 13th Street.
    When the officer located the men, the aggressive naked male was in the process of chewing the victim, who was also not wearing any clothes, the Herald reported.
    The officer demanded that the naked man stop what he was doing

But when he refused to listen and continued to feast on the victim, the officer shot him, according to the newspaper.
    Despite suffering a bullet wound, the naked man would not stop so the officer fired about six more shots.

In that barrage of gunfire, the naked man was killed, collapsing face-down on the pedestrian walkway right by the Herald's parking garage.
    Javier Ortiz, a police spokesman, said that based on information he's received, the officer who fired the shots 'is a hero and saved a life'.

The victim was transported to Jackson Memorial Hospital Ryder Trauma Center and is said to be suffering from massive injuries.

Very little is known about the circumstances leading up to the attack, but police have speculated that the victim may have been homeless.

Witness Larry Vega told Local 10: 'I stopped a City of Miami police officer and informed him that a homeless man was killing another person by biting and ripping his face to death.'
    'The police officer confronted the aggressor, and he was like a rabid dog and confronted the officer. Then the officer shot the person four times,' he continued.

There were no weapons found near the two naked men, leading them to believe that the attacker used his own strength to subdue his victim.
    'There are other ways to injure people,' Sergeant Altarr William told The Herald.
    'Some people know martial arts, others are very strong and can kill you with their hands
    .'

No tests have been done to prove this, but police have also stated that they think the attacker was likely suffering from a 'cocaine psychosis', side effects from the drug which raise the body's temperature and prompts the individual to strip.

MacArthur Causeway is a major route that connects downtown Miami to popular South Beach.
    Traffic clogged the area for hours as people used the route to descend into South Beach for Urban Beach Week, an annual festival dedicated to hip-hop music.
    Zombies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Looks like the good weather is over :( Back to boards so :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

THFC wrote: »
    Looks like the good weather is over :( Back to boards so :pac:

You're clearly not in Belfast :p

Still strangely gloriously sunny up here, I've a feeling the end of the world is nigh.

• Advertisement

People on the internet are stupid. Playing this Swedish military thingy, people don't understand or can't remember shapes!

Right well....erm...after my morning shower I was cleaning my ears with cottons buds, I know not to put it in my ear but there was a ticklish spot and I couldn't help myself.

I pull the thing out but there was no swab on the end! It coulda fell somewhere It doesn't feel like there's anything in my ear.

With himself, he says he sees nothing. Maybe try a pair of tweezers and see....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Exam results went well. Just 2 more summer modules til I take down the 2:1 in the masters. Bring it on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭VW 1

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Right well....erm...after my morning shower I was cleaning my ears with cottons buds, I know not to put it in my ear but there was a ticklish spot and I couldn't help myself.

I pull the thing out but there was no swab on the end! It coulda fell somewhere It doesn't feel like there's anything in my ear.

With himself, he says he sees nothing. Maybe try a pair of tweezers and see....

How did this then out btw you never told us!

Exam results went well. Just 2 more summer modules til I take down the 2:1 in the masters. Bring it on

Hangover day is not fun :/

VW 1 wrote: »
    How did this then out btw you never told us!

Nothing has happened since :/ If there's any pain/itch in my ear I'll go to the doc. I got an ear syringe/tweezers, no success. My hearing is fine, ear feels fine, so I dunno if it was OCD or what.

Casually going on tour in a few weeks with the group I sing in.

Sing us a song there like a good lad.

:)

• Advertisement

G.K. wrote: »
    Casually going on tour in a few weeks with the group I sing in.

sorta music you play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Goal Celebration FX

The Szczesny one gets me every time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

This is mad from the French open :pac:

38 shot rally, players getting sick and collapsing :pac:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/tramlines/one-player-collapses-other-throws-epic-rally-102749339.html

sorta music you play?

It's a classic barbershop-style group, just with a few more than 4 people.

I'm also playing Trumpet in a Jazz band at the Barbican in London in July. :D

You and Mr Alan should tour :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Xaviesta and Messaldo :D
    AuYullpCQAETmdu.jpg:large
    AuYr8vYCQAEKD2q.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Messaldo belongs in Spandau Ballet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

everything hulk is awesome.

Awesome? i hope your american, its the only excuse for using that word

New iPhone App.

'New Star Soccer'

It's bloody brilliant and I'm completely addicted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

I'm am seriously hooked on this game!
    Seen Iain Mc Intosh (spelling!!!?) say it on twitter and have it about 5 days. Love it :)

Have gone from Histon, to Shamrock Rovers, to Liverpool (ugh!) to Inter, and now with United. Nearly have the stats maxed.

Really can't recommend this game enough.

Morecambe to ? to Havant & Waterloovile to Bristol Rovers

Wanted to get a season in in Ireland but only Bray and Galway were interested :o

I've been playing it online for a few weeks now. With Sheff United in the Championship at the moment. Love scoring goals from insane distances. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

It really is a cracking little game though :)

Yeow! Gone the opposite way on the magic plane. Bristol to Shams! :D

Been playing this all day, so addictive, currently at Notts County, my third club, spent a season in the Scottish 2nd, got offers from Heart and St. Johnstone but for less money so I declined, cracking game. Anyone know if i shut down my browser will I lose all my everything? Playing the PC version.

• Advertisement

THFC wrote: »
    Been playing this all day, so addictive, currently at Notts County, my third club, spent a season in the Scottish 2nd, got offers from Heart and St. Johnstone but for less money so I declined, cracking game. Anyone know if i shut down my browser will I lose all my everything? Playing the PC version.

Nope, it'll be grand. Just when you go back to the site next, pick load game.

Playing this on the PC

First club is Guisel, just scored to put my team through to the next round of the cup :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭VW 1

Frisbee, I've wasted about 3 hours with that stupid app. It amazing.

Made a pass from 46 yards out, rolls into the back of the net.

Like a fucking boss.

In the big time now, playing with Stoke :P Thank fcuk I'm starting my job tomorrow, I'd probably waste my whole summer playing this game :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement