Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

internet-memes-seor-gif-gtfo.gif

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

IvySlayer wrote: »
    May of mentioned it before, but the Avengers film rocks :D

HULK <333

Very good flick, but dragged out in parts I thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

My sister has an Avengers bag, T-Shirt, Hoodie, Calendar etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Call me buzz Kill, but films aint what they used to be.

Its hard to see more then 3-4 decent films a year now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

From just this year, TDKR, Argo, Skyfall, Silver Linings Playbook, Lincoln and Les Miserables are all certainly more than just "decent". Also, if you include The Intouchables that's 7 good films I've seen this year anyway. Still looking forward to seeing Seven Psychopaths and Life of PI. Also heard good things about Zero Dark Thirty. And that's just taking the mainstream English films. I'm sure there are plenty of lesser known and foreign films that have gotten excellent reviews. There's definitely more than 3-4 decent films a year anyway, unless you have unrealistically high expectation!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

THFC wrote: »
    From just this year, TDKR, Argo, Skyfall, Silver Linings Playbook, Lincoln and Les Miserables are all certainly more than just "decent". Also, if you include The Intouchables that's 7 good films I've seen this year anyway. Still looking forward to seeing Seven Psychopaths and Life of PI.

hectic 5 days at the cinema for you :pac:

From just this year, TDKR, Argo, Skyfall, Silver Linings Playbook, Lincoln and Les Miserables are all certainly more than just "decent". Also, if you include The Intouchables that's 7 good films I've seen this year anyway. Still looking forward to seeing Seven Psychopaths and Life of PI. Also heard good things about Zero Dark Thirty. And that's just taking the mainstream English films. I'm sure there are plenty of lesser known and foreign films that have gotten excellent reviews. There's definitely more than 3-4 decent films a year anyway, unless you have unrealistically high expectation!!

Meh. Lincoln is good film alright, but Daniel Day Lewis is different gravy too. He really is super Actor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The Raid was the best film to come out here last year, followed by the French film The Intouchables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

The Amazing Spiderman is a better movie than the DK Rises. Just sayin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Add in The Raid, Dredd, Lawless there are numerous great films every year some of the best films would be world cinema but a lot discount them due to subtitles.

Its just there are a lot of big blockbuster Holloywood cinema that comes out that is terrible i.e Spiderman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

EdenHazard wrote: »
    The Amazing Spiderman is a better movie than the DK Rises. Just sayin.

It's not....just sayin'.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Haven't seen the new spiderman, but DKR was fairly mediocre anyway.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Yeah I liked DKR, just...didn't love it. TDK was miles better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Found the hobit a very good watch! I hear the reviews arent great for it but anyone ive met that has seen it really enjoyed it, never listen to reviewers anyways but its not too often i hear that happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Killing me softly is one of the worst films ever

what a load of poo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Anyone see Marley?? It's next on my watchlist. Heard its very good off a friend.

Haven't seen the new spiderman, but DKR was fairly mediocre anyway.

I enjoyed TDKR. I think a lot of people were just upset they didn't get TDK version 2.0 but personally I think it's a much better film, especially the ending....excluding the
    Robin crap obviously :D.

TASM was a mess right from the start, as a huge Spider-man fan the fact that I had no real interest in seeing it kinda sums up how bad it was. Came across as being a real rush job so Sony didn't lose the rights.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I enjoyed TDKR. I think a lot of people were just upset they didn't get TDK version 2.0 but personally I think it's a much better film, especially the ending....excluding the
    Robin crap obviously :D.

I thought the ending was pretty poor
    Bane getting killed by catwoman out of nowhere, who then delivers a cheap line? Pretty Lame. And the whole stuff with the autopilot was pretty weak as well imo

I thought the ending was pretty poor
    Bane getting killed by catwoman out of nowhere, who then delivers a cheap line? Pretty Lame. And the whole stuff with the autopilot was pretty weak as well imo

I concur, the ending really killed the film that and the fact for such a long film Batman only appears in about half hour of it during which hes mostly getting his ass kicked.

• Advertisement

Honestly my favourite film of 2012 was Argo, thoroughly enjoyed it and a nice change from the usual crap served up in cinemas these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Honestly my favourite film of 2012 was Argo, thoroughly enjoyed it and a nice change from the usual crap served up in cinemas these days.

Argo **** yourself!

No really, great movie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Really want to see Argo. Heard good things about it. That and Life Of Pi.

Seen the Hobit recently. Meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Stoke City players Fantasy Football league:

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/264748/standings/

Pennant has gone for the very inventive name of ''loves pussy united'' :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I always thought players weren't allowed to have Fantasy teams, tbh.

baz2009 wrote: »
    I always thought players weren't allowed to have Fantasy teams, tbh.

Why wouldn't they be? There's a good few Bohs players in the fans paid league.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Why wouldn't they be? There's a good few Bohs players in the fans paid league.

Not banned by the people above, just the managers. Suppose it varies from team to team. Imagine Stoke are in ninth place last game of the season, nothing to gain from winning or losing and Begovic is neck and neck with Crouch in the fantasy league. Does he go all out to stop his captain RVP scoring or does he let the ball through his fingers?:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Congrats to Gareth Bale on winning the Fallon D'Floor award today. Suarez came in a close second

Paully D wrote: »
    Stoke City players Fantasy Football league:

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/264748/standings/

Pennant has gone for the very inventive name of ''loves pussy united'' :pac:

Jones has himself :pac:

599517_391271400920056_549214383_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Some good dressing room vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN_Nen-Jth4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Saganist wrote: »

The state of Pual Ince's suit. I love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Saganist wrote: »

Best resignation ever!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Anybody ever meet up with a sexy Arab girl from boards adverts??

Meh. Lincoln is good film alright, but Daniel Day Lewis is different gravy too. He really is super Actor.

No surprise that he was nominated for a Academy Award for Best Actor in the film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

OK I finally got the time to catch up on Breaking Bad.

Just finished Season 4.

WOW just WOW !!

Leiva wrote: »
    OK I finally got the time to catch up on Breaking Bad.

Just finished Season 4.

WOW just WOW !!

Without giving too much away.....it gets better.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

My favourite tv show by some distance. Fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Oscorp wrote: »
    My favourite tv show by some distance. Fantastic

It's good, It's not The Wire though...I would probably consider GOT just as good as Breaking Bad.

I find Bryan Cranston's Walter White to be the most convincing character on television.

I love the GOT books. TV show is very good but I tend to hold it to the standards of the source material, which it can never match, try as it might,

Haven't started The Wire yet. Heard it takes a few seasons to get into.

• Advertisement

I find Bryan Cranston's Walter White to be the most convincing character on television.

I love the GOT books. TV show is very good but I tend to hold it to the standards of the source material, which it can never match, try as it might,

Haven't started The Wire yet. Heard it takes a few seasons to get into.

I actually found Breaking Bad harder to get into, the sudden end to Series 1 kinda put me off it a bit. Series 2 of The Wire tends to put people off because it's such a departure from Series 1, it's worth sticking with though, and IMO Series 4 is the best piece of television ever produced.

I actually found Breaking Bad harder to get into, the sudden end to Series 1 kinda put me off it a bit. Series 2 of The Wire tends to put people off because it's such a departure from Series 1, it's worth sticking with though, and IMO Series 4 is the best piece of television ever produced.

That was a result of the writers guild strike in America. They originally planned nine episodes, but the strike forced their hand and they can to shelve two and find a way to close the season.

Will get around to The Wire, probably in the summer.

That was a result of the writers guild strike in America. They originally planned nine episodes, but the strike forced their hand and they can to shelve two and find a way to close the season.

Will get around to The Wire, probably in the summer.

Yeah I read that, and that made me decide to stick with it....glad I did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Series two of The Wire is probably my favourite. Frank Sobotka is probably the most well-drawn character in the show. I think some people don't like it as much at first because they've bought into the black crims vrs cops narrative and suddenly a load of white faces show up and they're doing stuff that isn't quite as hardcore as the other lads. The Wire was about the city of Baltimore and all of its ills. The scope of the show is huge. Its like a novel in TV series form.

Im with yeh on series four of The Wire being the best, was fantastic television. Every series of the wire though is brilliantly done and I lvoed how it took a different arc each season, Break Bad im halfway through season four but for me The Wire is still tops , with a honorable mention to Oz the programme that really got the ball rolling with these kind of shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I watched Season 2 of The Wire in just over a day when I cracked a rib at work and couldn't really move.

When I downloaded Season 4 of Breaking Bad I didn't realise the final episode was missing and I was telling my friend how disappointing a finale to the season it was. He thought I was mad and I soon realised I hadn't seen the final episode.:o

Breaking Bad blows my mind tbh...as brilliant as The Wire and The Sopranos were I really can't think of another programme that has so many jaw dropping,holy **** I can't believe that just happened moments as BB. Just awesome television.

I really enjoyed Deadwood as well. I thought that had the potential to be one of the best and was gutted when it finished.

EDIT: Actually now that I think of it I should probably go back and watch The Wire again...I watched it much too fast the first time.

Deadwood is my second favourite show, after the Wire. Criminally underrated and Ian McShane is incredible as Al Swearengen. Not many better individual performances out there on the TV.

Deadwood is my second favourite show, after the Wire. Criminally underrated and Ian McShane is incredible as Al Swearengen. Not many better individual performances out there on the TV.

Pretty amazing performance surely.

And who can forget...

"Swidgen....San Francisco mother****er" :D

Pretty amazing performance surely.

And who can forget...

"Swidgen....San Francisco mother****er" :D

Cocksuckerrrr!

• Advertisement

Cocksuckerrrr!

Of course. My bad :o

It's a couple of years since I watched it so I might have to watch that again as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement